Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Registered User InfiniteDrive06's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

[Answered] Smarter to buy a bigger external HD or internal HD?

Sponsored Links
    Got everything set up for homebrew and backups etc. but I'm using a Original 60GB PS3 which is almost maxed out memory-wise and I'm wondering if I'm better off buying a large external HD to connect it to or an large internal HD for the PS3?

I'm still a bit confused as to which is better and if that will change soon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Buy a 1TB internal hdd bcz backingup is faster and no 4gb file size limit but on external it will take much more time to back up a game and you can't backup games which have bigger than 4gb file size.

if this helped you plz give me a +rep by click on green button and then by choosing i approve.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a 640 gig internal hard drive (which is now 525 after the formatting and backing up from my old PS3 hard drive, it was originally 529) what I want to do is backup the games that NEED to be on the internal hard drive on the hard drive and the games that can be played on the external drive I can buy an external drive (a 1TB one to be exact) just dont know which one to get..

I have seen the western digital ones and the seagate ones and they both get mixed reviews..as far as loading times, I can assume that its slower since its on an external drive but is it really noticeable.

You could do a hybrid and pull out the internal HDD and then take a new external HDD and run a cable to hook it up inside the HDD drive bay.

Internal it loads faster..

Quote Originally Posted by IslaTurbine View Post
    You could do a hybrid and pull out the internal HDD and then take a new external HDD and run a cable to hook it up inside the HDD drive bay.
    if you have no intention (or need) of moving your ps3 anywhere than this is the best solution.

Internal is the best choice as it has better support for back up manager as all the games work internally (with exception of a few that don't work at all) plus it will be more efficient and if you want to put downloaded games onto it then you can just FTP it. Plus internal hard drives are cheaper

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News