Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Shin Sangoku Musou 7 (BLJM60856) CFW 3.55 help?

Sponsored Links
    Does anyone have a working fix for CFW 3.55 for Shin Sangoku Musou 7 (Dynasty Warriors 8)? I've been trying to get this to work for over a week now. I've managed to patch the EBOOT and param.sfo to 3.55 and the game runs. However, whenever I try to save or load a battle - the game either freezes or goes to a black screen.

Does anyone know what this means and how I can get it to play properly? Has anyone gotten this to work on 3.55? Hope someone can help me, please and thank you.
    Best Answer - Posted by mschumacher69:

Honestly, yes because you wouldn't have to look for eboot/update patches anymore and it's really easy. This is what you have to do:

1- Enable QA:
    1: Download and install Rebug's toggle_qa.pkg
    2: Run Toggle QA from XMB
    3: PS3 will beep 3 times and return to XMB. (If you do not hear the beeps it has not worked)

NOTE: Every now and then it will hang on the lv1 patching stage. If it has not beeped and returned to the XMB after about 30 secs you will need to reboot and try again.

Check that QA has been enabled by selecting Network Settings (stay ON Network Settings and DON'T GO INTO Network Settings) then press L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down all at the same time, you should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if QA has been enabled.

2- Make NOR/NAND dump (optional):
    Install latest version of multiMAN, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, go to mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->DUMP LV2(NO)->DUMP LV1(NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES)

3- Install Rebug 4.30.1 from XMB:
    Download Rebug 4.30.1 from Rebug's website, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE and go to System Update and update from storage device (or something like that). Make sure there's no original game disk in the drive and that you don't update from the Internet or else you would install OFW!

You will have to restore your original unpatched eboots and/or install the latest original unpatched updates for games that you had patched for 3.55.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why don't you update to 4.30 CFW?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Would that honestly be the best thing to do? I only haven't tried doing that since not only am I new to this whole thing, but I am worried that it will screw up my other games or it will brick. I've seen people say that it updates your files for your games automatically, but I've also seen those who struggle to get working which is why i've been unsure about it. Plus I've gotten every other game to work for 3.55, all except this one.

Honestly, yes because you wouldn't have to look for eboot/update patches anymore and it's really easy. This is what you have to do:

1- Enable QA:
    1: Download and install Rebug's [Register or Login to view links]
    2: Run Toggle QA from XMB
    3: PS3 will beep 3 times and return to XMB. (If you do not hear the beeps it has not worked)

NOTE: Every now and then it will hang on the lv1 patching stage. If it has not beeped and returned to the XMB after about 30 secs you will need to reboot and try again.

Check that QA has been enabled by selecting Network Settings (stay ON Network Settings and DON'T GO INTO Network Settings) then press L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down all at the same time, you should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if QA has been enabled.

2- Make NOR/NAND dump (optional):
    Install latest version of multiMAN, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, go to mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->DUMP LV2(NO)->DUMP LV1(NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES)

3- Install Rebug 4.30.1 from XMB:
    Download Rebug 4.30.1 from Rebug's website, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE and go to System Update and update from storage device (or something like that). Make sure there's no original game disk in the drive and that you don't update from the Internet or else you would install OFW!

You will have to restore your original unpatched eboots and/or install the latest original unpatched updates for games that you had patched for 3.55.
    Last edited by mschumacher69; 03-17-2013 at 03:12 AM

Thank you for giving instructions! I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes. But thanks a lot, this doesn't look as hard as it sounded.

You're welcome! You can use the Thanks button you know
    Last edited by mschumacher69; 03-17-2013 at 05:06 AM

Oh sorry, I didn't even notice the thanks button. I'm new here. But thank you!

Thanx mschumacher69

Btw there's a new Rebug 4.30.2 now, so use it instead of 4.30.1 that I suggested in my earlier post.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News