Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Setting up NEW PS3 with OLD PS3 details?

Sponsored Links
    Setting up NEW PS3 with OLD PS3 Details...

I currently have a FAT PS3 @ 3.41 setup exactly as i like it, i have also just purchased a Slim, no idea of FW version yet until i debox, but whats the best way of getting it identical to my FAT, ie so i can just swap consoles when i please, will a backup of my fat restore to the slim?, idea being i would like them both identical without having to do it all manually again. And then just swap consoles as i please, is this allowed?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'd say make a backup from the menu, but im not sure if exactly everything will be on that backup image, if i recall right there are some files that can only be moved with 2 ps3 connected directly with cable, i recall so not sure if you get an exact copy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Buddy you can copy your game saves, images, movies and music to anyother PS3 but you can't copy PSN downloaded Games and Dlc's even if you make entire hdd backup (bcz it only works on same PS3) atm, but maybe in future you'll able to do it who know.
    Last edited by Pcsx2006; 09-09-2010 at 10:26 PM

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok i tried a backup and then restored to the slim, but al i get is my user with a star on the end, jrvenge* for some reason, and no settings are transfered, so i have to still manually set it all up again. My saves did transfer, and as you said, My psn downloaded WIPEOUT HD did not.

So, if i did i full data transfer with Ethernet cable, it copies all data to the new machine but wipes the old machine correct?

What to stop me just then doing a restore on the old machine, isnt it controlled by the fact you have to activate it online?

Quote Originally Posted by IHM View Post
    Ok i tried a backup and then restored to the slim, but al i get is my user with a star on the end, jrvenge* for some reason, and no settings are transfered, so i have to still manually set it all up again. My saves did transfer, and as you said, My psn downloaded WIPEOUT HD did not.

So, if i did i full data transfer with Ethernet cable, it copies all data to the new machine but wipes the old machine correct?

What to stop me just then doing a restore on the old machine, isnt it controlled by the fact you have to activate it online?
    full data transfer will get you everything i think, files thats copirighted or something wich cant be copied will be moved and rest copied, i think there is some activate/deactivate process,

well you could restore old, dont think psn games you bought and all will work on both,

Banned User
    Grrr, well that i can deal with, really i just wanted it so i can use one machine online and one not, but dont wanna have to faff with accounts every time i swap.

Even more confused now.

Is it me or is the picture better on the slim?, but i swear its louder and hotter than my fat ?

The slim is more silence and cooler than your fat, if you mean that.

And if you do an copy via Ethernet cable from 1 PS3 to an other, everything should copied to your 2. PS3 (PSN Games, copy protected saves, themes, etc.)

This is like an 1:1 backup and restore solution.

But I think it should be the same than make a backup with the integrated backup manager on the PS3.

Banned User
    Yeah but i still have to go online to activate it after copying?, also it will wipe the original PS3?.

And i meant my slim ps3 is LOUDER than my FAT, and it gets HOTTER than my FAT, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by IHM View Post
    Yeah but i still have to go online to activate it after copying?, also it will wipe the original PS3?.

And i meant my slim ps3 is LOUDER than my FAT, and it gets HOTTER than my FAT, WTF?
    Yeah you must go online and activate your WipeOut again.

What you mean with "wipe the original PS3?"

If you slim is louder and hotter, i would say your near an YLOD on your slim.

Banned User
    I meant if i do a data transfer from the FAT to the SLIM, does it not copy all the data over, meaning the FAT will be empty?

This is just like so annoying, why cant it be like xbox 360, i have 4 boxes, all my saves and profiles on a usb key, ans i just plug it into whatever box i like.

As for the slim, yeah most odd, ive only had it 2 days, updated from 3.21 to 3.41, and played a few games, the disc drive is really noisy, the fans are louder then my fat, and it feels quite warm to the touch after use, with my fat i dont even know its turned on.

Odd.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News