Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Seeking PS3 FW 3.50 to 3.60 help?

Sponsored Links
    I'm in a bit of a situation here, sorry if this is somewhat long but I'm banging my head wondering what I should do.

So I ended up buying a new PS3 Slim so I could go online and play Mortal Kombat. Turns out this PS3 has 3.50 installed and you now what that means.

Now here's the thing, my old Phat PS3 has a bunch of DLC that I purchased. Along with a few games, a few which I shared with friends. (So all 5 slots are activated.)

Would you guys revert your old Phat 60GB PS3 back to OFW and update it to 3.60? I was kinda thinking of doing this, especially since I can play PSX/PS2 games on it. But my fear is that I got an e-mail from Sony, which apparently many people did. But not sure if that could cause some sort of flag or whatever. Not to mention, kinda scared that my blu-ray drive might die or whatnot since it is a little bit old. =P

Anyhow, if I did install 3.60 I was planning on removing all the homebrew & cleaning up the pushlist one last time before installing 3.60.

But basically my question is would you guys use your old PS3 to play online again, or use the shiny new PS3 as online only and leaving the old guy to rest offline only with homebrew and whatnot?

I need some advice, please!

Thanks guys!
    Best Answer - Posted by Natepig:

In my opinion you should use the fat for online and keep the new slim to have cfw. Your fat is probably on its way out because of its age, and when that happens there is no telling what the situation will be as regards to hackable firmware ps3 available in shops. You will be able to buy a replacement without worry as you'll be using it legit. Meanwhile your shiny new ps3 will be good for 5 years i'm betting, with proper care.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was in your situation, and I used the PHAT for homebrew and Slim for online.. After swapping the HDD's first though lol...

Your problem is a little different though because you are at max capacity with the DLC downloads... so you could make your PHAT online and your slim Homebrew...

but keep in mind, you have a chance to void your Slim's warranty that way... So if you can get one of the other 5 systems and de-activate atleast one, then I would go with PHAT = homebrew: Slim = online

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    In my opinion you should use the fat for online and keep the new slim to have cfw. Your fat is probably on its way out because of its age, and when that happens there is no telling what the situation will be as regards to hackable firmware ps3 available in shops. You will be able to buy a replacement without worry as you'll be using it legit. Meanwhile your shiny new ps3 will be good for 5 years i'm betting, with proper care.

Swapping hard drives will result in them being formatted. Not ideal to keep content.

+1 to keeping phat for online (scrub homebrew first) since it will die before the slim. I'm in the same boat and am considering doing this myself.

Kinda wish i done that now thinking about it, but hey it's all good the phat is chugging away nicely whilst the slim dosen't get much use. You never know 3.60 might get sorted one day lol and all us early phat users might be able to breathe some life back into those slims we brought, just to get online.

I have 2 slims but the newer of the 2 is used for cfw 3.55. I'm going to take extra good care of it and fingers crossed it will last until ps4. I would go and buy another slim and keep it as a reserve, but my wife would kill me if she found out.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News