Unhappy [Answered] Sak bug.. Please help!

Hi,

I want to rip a blu ray over the network. So I created this folder d:\a on my pc. I activated "Share this folder on the network", "Allow network users to change my files" and made the share name "ps3".

In Sak I go on windows network sharing, I used the username and password from my pc login, the ip adress from my pc and as folder "ps3"

Now I get:

mount: Mounting //ip.adress/folder on /mnt/network failed: Network is unreachable
    Success, connection established with (ip-adress from pc)

Please Enter the Filename for this ISO (ie GameName.iso)

Label:

If I type in a labelname the Ps3 crashes.

Another thing: I get a leasefail error at the bootscreen and I have no IP in the menu.

Please help me. I tried over 1 week to fix this and now Im really frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by corn80 View Post
    Another thing: I get a leasefail error at the bootscreen and I have no IP in the menu.
    Yeah if you get a lease fail - it won't work. Ensure that your on a WIRED connection (wireless will not work), and give it another try.

I have tested other network options. Now I have an static ip and I have a wired network connection. The drive in the PS3 is formatted in ext3.

In the XMB the network connection is now fine and I get a ping. Is it possible that the drive in the pc must be fat32 formatted so that the PS3can read it in Sak over the network?

PS: The Thread-title was very dramatic. I was tired this time and I didnt recognized that. Sorry

Yes. the receiving drive must be formatted either fat32 or ext3, NTFS is not supported.

Now I have formatted the drive in fat32, but I get leasefail again. The drive is the second in my pc without operating system. Could this be the mistake?

corn80

The Filesystem on your PC's drive does not matter - your best bet is to probably use an external USB drive, or dump it right to the PS3's internal drive, then copy it off that way.

I'll admit - SAK is old, and quite buggy. But, for code thats 4 years old that is still relevant - that's always a plus!

OK and if I get an leasefail without ip again, it should be fine if the external usbdrive ist fat32?

Will you release a higher version of sak?
    Last edited by corn80; 02-16-2010 at 04:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by corn80 View Post
    OK and if I get an leasefail without ip again, it should be fine if the external usbdrive ist fat32?

Will you release a higher version of sak?
    Well, the external drive should be either Fat32 or EXT3 - NTFS won't work. Back when I made it the NTFS drivers were still well, lacking for linux - they have gotten MUCH better lately.

Alas, considering the fact that any Game dumped with SAK is useless - probably will not issue a new version, as you can do the same thing with a base linux install!

OK, thank you.

corn80