Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Retail PS3 Updates?

Sponsored Links
    I am hoping someone can help me.

I am using a Minimus AVR with Hermes V.3 & Open Manager 1.16.

I know there is a way to install retail updates but just do not know how to.

I saw the list of updates on this site but I am not able to install it.

Can someone help?

Please.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,,

Get yourself "demo installer". Put your dl PKG update into a folder named "00000002". ( Last number is up to you , do it in a chain for every update---2,3,4...)
    Run Demo installer and under"task folder" choose the folder number you take before.
    Under package name put in your update name.

Now "select PKG", choose your update.pkg you dl before. Select "Create pdb." ,choose the folder the update is in...i.e. "00000002".

Turn on your Ps3 in JB mode and run FTP server. Go to "game/vsh/task/" and transfer your "00000002" update folder into here.

Turn off your PS3 and back on WITHOUT JB! Under Games you`ll see your Update to install. Thats it.

If you want more updates to install just make more folders in chain ..."000xx1,2,3,4" and put them all into task folder on ps3 hdd.

NOTE!!

Choose the Update proper to your game region, so BLES-Europe etc.

Not all Retail Updates will work, just a few so far.

Greets Modmate
    Last edited by modmate; 10-07-2010 at 02:42 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi. I am a newbie in ps3 scene. And I just jb with iPod nano 1st g. I am using what Yaas is using regarding apps. I can use demo installer to install demo pkg. My question is are the update all inclusive? Meaning if a game have update 1.02 do I need to install 1.00 1.01 1.02 or just install 1.02? Sorry I never have game that have more than 1 update. Also, is there a way to get update straight from ps3 server to pc (like nus downloader in wii for ios)
    Last edited by wwywong; 10-07-2010 at 02:49 PM Reason: Typo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,

ALL updates must be installed in chain so, 1.01-1.02 and so on, otherwise your game wont work anymore.

Greets

This method does work. I used this to update Resistance fall of man 2 to verion 1.6

Use this link to get the updates, but it is not complete

http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=psn

One caveat.. it seems all updates must be installed in order , updates are not all inclusive. For Resistance 2, I had to run update 1.4 1.5 then 1.6. to get to version 1.6

J

That's not true. You`ll get problems/errors or just Bugs wich are still there after your not chained update installation. TRUE, some games run fine, but to be honest these are just a verry few that will work this way.

Get yourself ALL UPDATES IN CHAIN, trust me.

Start with the first update released ever for that game you want to update and reach to the last one. That's it.

Greets Modmate

I think you guys are right becot an error when I tried to update Little BIg Planet to 1.3

I have not played this game for more than a year & I am sure there has been updates during that time.

Thanks guys!!

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News