Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Restoring Blu-Ray playback on PS3 running 3.70 help?

Sponsored Links
    Hey all,

So I got this bricked PS3 from the 'bay and the seller had fooked it with some dodgy CFW. Once I had removed that and successfully installed 3.55OFW, I upgraded the PS3 normally as the latest updates were released (as my wife NEEDED it to play Uncharted2 online). The PS3 was then delegated to the spare room.

Our main PS3 is temporarily out of service. The "spare" PS3 has been moved into the lounge room and it will not play BD movies. It spits an 8000xxxx something error code.

I've read various methods of restoring BD playback on consoles that have been downgraded, but these only seem to be valid if you can jailbreak your console. This console is running 3.70 and I am wondering if there's any way of getting BD playback restored?

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you want to restore bd playback you must downgrade at 3.55 via hardware (so progskeet, infectus, teensy+, or e3 flasher) and then do remarring bd drive. It is the only way that you are having 3.70 ofw.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks, forgot to mention that it's an 80GB large model, will progskeet still work? If so, what else can the progskeet enable me to do?

It depends on the model number of your PS3. What is your model number, guy?

it's a CECHG02

Your ps3 has 256mb NAND, so you must use infectus, not progskeet.

Quote Originally Posted by zetski210 View Post
    it's a CECHG02
    Check out the Guides & Tutorials section there is a guide I made for downgrading using the Infectus modchip BUT it is untested on 3.70 yet. I still haven't had anyone offer me a 'guinea pig' 3.70 console. Worst case scenario is you end up with YLOD - you can just flash your original 3.70 NAND dumps back.

If you're not confident with soldering etc there are people who will do the downgrade for you. I'm currently installing an Infectus for another user on this forum for his Waninkoko brick.

Do you mean the Infectus or Infectus 2? I'll think about giving it a go.

I have no problem with soldering, I work in electronics and even have access to a BGA repair station.
    Last edited by zetski210; 09-09-2011 at 09:27 PM

Top stuff, you sound like you know what you're doing. You can use either of the Infectus mods, although really the Infectus 1 would be better - it's cheaper and it doesn't have that annoying flex cable to break. Your choice really...

As I said, check out the Tutorials section as there is a guide with alternate pinouts for the Infectus instead of soldering to the TSOPs.

Good luck & let us know how you get on!

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News