Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Resistance Fall of Man Update Question

Sponsored Links
    Considering that Resistance requires the user to log into the net to download the game update (for rumble) I can't sniff it out using the proxy program. Therefore does anyone else know of a way to download it without having someone send it to me from their HD?

thanks! would love rumble in the campaign.
    Best Answer - Posted by grudge1981:

I don't know about resistance really but i know with many other games if you are not signed into psn because you didn't update, your system can still connect to the internet, and there is and update available you will be told of so and asked to update the game, only the game not the system, i have done this a couple times with my offline system.

with other games you can get the patches somewhere online (hopefully) and install them like so:

1. Unzip file "Lair.Game.Patch.zip"
    2. Copy the entire unzipped folder "00000938" via FTP to your PS3 into "/dev_hdd0/vsh/task/"
    3. Power down your PS3 and disconnect your Jailbreak USB Device
    4. Reboot PS3 (without the jailbreak)
    5. Goto GAME menu
    6. Select menuitem "Install Demo (www.XXXXXXXXXXXXX.xx)" and start it
    7. When the install is finished, power down your PS3 and reconnect your Jailbreak USB device
    8. Reboot PS3 with Jailbreak
    9. Play updated game via Backup Manager

dunno how many games this can be done with but i've seen a few updates floating around here or there...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry but you can't download any updates without logging in to PSN.

This might help you? http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post309313

You can also search here...
    http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php...n&search=patch
    Last edited by Pcsx2006; 09-21-2010 at 12:36 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I thought resistance did not work?

thanks but those links only contain Resistance 2... doh!

i get to download updates and i don't even have an psn account on my jb ps3, so yes you can download

what program can i sniff the updates with and download them to my pc? is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by delt31 View Post
    Considering that Resistance requires the user to log into the net to download the game update (for rumble)
    Resistance 1 was written way before the PSN update system was introduced and downloaded patches on its own. The normal network stuff works fine even if you're not signed in to PSN, so it should update fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tragedy View Post
    Resistance 1 was written way before the PSN update system was introduced and downloaded patches on its own. The normal network stuff works fine even if you're not signed in to PSN, so it should update fine.
    I'm sorry but are you saying resistance allows you to d/l updates without being logged in? If so, please explain how b/c the way you update in Resistance is to go into the Multiplayer section and once you're signed in, it will let you download updates. I CAN'T login b/c it says you need to be connected and require a system update.

Please clarify - thanks!

I don't know about resistance really but i know with many other games if you are not signed into psn because you didn't update, your system can still connect to the internet, and there is and update available you will be told of so and asked to update the game, only the game not the system, i have done this a couple times with my offline system.

with other games you can get the patches somewhere online (hopefully) and install them like so:

1. Unzip file "Lair.Game.Patch.zip"
    2. Copy the entire unzipped folder "00000938" via FTP to your PS3 into "/dev_hdd0/vsh/task/"
    3. Power down your PS3 and disconnect your Jailbreak USB Device
    4. Reboot PS3 (without the jailbreak)
    5. Goto GAME menu
    6. Select menuitem "Install Demo (www.XXXXXXXXXXXXX.xx)" and start it
    7. When the install is finished, power down your PS3 and reconnect your Jailbreak USB device
    8. Reboot PS3 with Jailbreak
    9. Play updated game via Backup Manager

dunno how many games this can be done with but i've seen a few updates floating around here or there...

Thanks for the help! I'm pretty sure the resistance patch would work fine but the problem is I can't find it anywhere online!

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News