Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Replace Ps3 File.pkg Before Installation ?

Sponsored Links
    hello my friends,

I want to know if anyone has ever tried to decrypt the HDD after downloading a playable demo (pkg)? If anyone has tried to replace the decrypted code with their own code and then tried to encrypt the HDD back and tried to run the code? (you must have decrypted code of debug system and replace it)

I've downloaded "Heavy Rain" playable demo. PS3 recognizes the file but when I try to install it, I get corrupted file message in the middle of the process!

If the file is corrupt then how can the console recognizes it and tries to run it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, once the PKG installs you could (depending on the installed game) replace the executables - but around 2.8 or so Sony added some additional DRM protection (after the HDD decryption method came out) to block attempts at running code this way. Of course if you have a properly signed executable, that isn't laden with additional DRM, then it should work (replacing say the EBOOT.BIN).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Well, once the PKG installs you could (depending on the installed game) replace the executables - but around 2.8 or so Sony added some additional DRM protection (after the HDD decryption method came out) to block attempts at running code this way. Of course if you have a properly signed executable, that isn't laden with additional DRM, then it should work (replacing say the EBOOT.BIN).
    thank you boss cjpc for always answering my question

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    When you say sign back or w/e when you decrypt the hdd is it acually decrypted or just decompressed? i've been trying to decrypt my hdd for weeks but cant seem to get it! (troubles with the key.mp3 file) sorry to get off topic O_o lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrr View Post
    When you say sign back or w/e when you decrypt the hdd is it acually decrypted or just decompressed? i've been trying to decrypt my hdd for weeks but cant seem to get it! (troubles with the key.mp3 file) sorry to get off topic O_o lol.
    The HDD does get decrypted - the biggest issue is that its still full of encrypted files (multiple layers of encryption). A smart move on Sony's part, just makes it all that harder for us!

The HDD does get decrypted - the biggest issue is that its still full of encrypted files (multiple layers of encryption). A smart move on Sony's part, just makes it all that harder for us!
    Sweet so it does get decrypted! I'm trying to decrypt the famous CoDWaW save using the hdd decryption method, now that would be something tight if we were able to mod that game / or even the 3 addons to the game now that you said it acually gets decrypted i'm gonna be at this for months trying to learn these dev tools lol.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News