Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Remove USB expansion w/ ps3break and Ext HDD ?

Sponsored Links
    I was reading about the p3hub and p3hub2 and something dawned on me. Why can't any chip be like that with a simple 2 or 4 port USB expansion?

Has anyone tried this? I am curious because it would be nice if you didn't need to remove all the usb devices whenever you wanted to use the break.

I get my new chip MAX AVR USB v1.2 in about a week, I was thinking of purchasing a 4 port USB expansion and trying it out. But if someone else has the stuff and wants to give it a try first I'd love to hear if my idea works..

thanks
    ~kk
    Best Answer - Posted by Wonderkik:

I confirm, I am using a Teensy 2.0 board with Hermes V3, and the exploit works whith other Usb devices plugged in. It has to be in the first slot. I can also remove it once loaded, not sure if this is the case for everyone.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-hub-built-in/

That device is a cool idea. I personally can not have any other devices plugged in when jailbreaking. I think its because it changes port descriptor positions around which stops heap overflow exploit from executing properly. I'm sure a custom payload could be developed which would allow a hub but which port the dongle is in and which port the hub is in would be important.

P.S. some people report they can leave their USB stick or External drives plugged in while jailbreaking so it seems hit and miss!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I confirm, I am using a Teensy 2.0 board with Hermes V3, and the exploit works whith other Usb devices plugged in. It has to be in the first slot. I can also remove it once loaded, not sure if this is the case for everyone.

This would be a good idea for someone to work on. When I get my max avr 1.2 and usb expansion i'll post my results as well.

Anyone else able to leave everything plugged into their ps3 when they start with jailbreak?

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News