Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] Recovering Data of another PS3 HDD?

Sponsored Links
    My old (60gig) PS3 had a custom HDD(250gb) installed. I put tons of movies, music, and photos. Eventually my PS3 died from YLOD and I stopped trying to fix my PS3 and bought a slim. I still have the old PS3 HDD which has not been formated or repartitioned so all the data is still on it. Now I was told from a friend that using the PS3 SDK I could possibly retrieve the data off the old HDD. Im pretty sure its a long shot but I'd really like to retrieve all that stuff. Is it possible and how do I use the PS3 SDK? I downloaded 2 versions of the SDK. One being SDK 1.92 and the othe was Oracle VM VirtualBox, niether of which I am familiar with. Or perhaps using a different method its possible?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.
    Best Answer - Posted by Mad Lion:

The only way to get data back is to repair old PS3. Ylod fix will last long enough to transfer data and it's low cost: you only need time and heat gun. If you connect old and new PS3 slim and use data transfer Utility you will vey easy transfer data.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hate to break it to you, but that data is as good as gone. Each PS3 encrypts the internal HD when it formats it, and it cannot be read by any program on win/linux/mac or even by another PS3! It is encrypted to that particular PS3 and nothing else can read it. The only way to make use of that HDD is to format and start over.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The only way to get data back is to repair old PS3. Ylod fix will last long enough to transfer data and it's low cost: you only need time and heat gun. If you connect old and new PS3 slim and use data transfer Utility you will vey easy transfer data.

A Reflow done properly will last months, I reflowed my 60gig nearly a year ago and it's still going strong.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News