Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Really tricky problem upgrading to slim?

Sponsored Links
    Hi there.

I'm gonna upgrade from fat to slim. I already got both consoles in my living room. However I got a serious problem now. I wanna sell my old fat console with 3.15 installed. But to deactivate my account (to be able to copy all content to the slim, and keep 5 activations) I need to connect to the PSN. Connecting to PSN means upgrade necessary. So I don't know what to do.

As the workaround doesn't work any more (fake 3.21 installer posted 2 days ago) this won't be an option (bans reported).

I don't know what to do. Is there any other possiblity to deactivate your PS3 without having to connect to PSN?
    Best Answer - Posted by GrandpaHomer:

You should be able to deactive the phat PS3 from the new one in the account management. If it's not visible there you'd need to give a call to the Sony helpline and ask them to deactive the old PS3 for you. Explain to them that it's either "broken" or not anymore in your possesion.

Also - there are NO "PSN bans" - you simlly just can't connect to PSN using spoofed / faked pre 3.21 FW

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You'll be glad to know that you can deactivate the system by logging into your PSN account on the playstation.com web site, it should be in 'My Account'. At least it is for eu.playstation.com!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm afraid that's not possible. All you can do is deavtivate a PSP. But I don't see an option to deactivate my PS3.

You should be able to deactive the phat PS3 from the new one in the account management. If it's not visible there you'd need to give a call to the Sony helpline and ask them to deactive the old PS3 for you. Explain to them that it's either "broken" or not anymore in your possesion.

Also - there are NO "PSN bans" - you simlly just can't connect to PSN using spoofed / faked pre 3.21 FW

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News