Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Questions About PS3 Proxy

Sponsored Links
    Ok, so I've read all the tutorials on using proxy, and I can get the pkg (of my choice) onto my ps3 and ready to install.

Now what I'm wondering is, can this be used to install things you don't have?
    (i.e. full games/add-on content that you haven't purchased)

I'm hesitant to actually install the pkg if it's going to raise some flag to Sony. I don't want my online banned.

Anyone know what's safe/unsafe to do with this?
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

If you are on PS3 Firmware 2.4+ then you will get an error when trying to install any of them. If you are on lower FW then some demos will install and play fine.

In either case, Sony isn't 'notified' so your PS3 won't be flagged/banned... if that was the case it'd have been all over the news last year when 2.4 install errors first surfaced so no need to worry about that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you are on PS3 Firmware 2.4+ then you will get an error when trying to install any of them. If you are on lower FW then some demos will install and play fine.

In either case, Sony isn't 'notified' so your PS3 won't be flagged/banned... if that was the case it'd have been all over the news last year when 2.4 install errors first surfaced so no need to worry about that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the quick response.

I'm on 2.53 so I guess there's not much use for proxy (for now).

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News