Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Unhappy [Answered] A Question Regarding System Country

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I bought this PS3 a bout a year ago "it's the one that comes with 80GB HD and 4 USB's" from Saudi Arabia.

i thought somthing was missing and couldnt point out what. after the 3 firmware update i figured out what was the missing thing. my Playstation Store got no video, music or movies support.

I'm now in the US and I've updated my PS3 firmware recently "although i dont think it would matter which country i updated from" and every time i try to access the PS Store from the music or video section it says that it's not supported in your country or location.

so the big question is. what can i do to have a normal PS Store and get around this problem?!

thank you so far for reading and even trying to help.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As terrible as it sounds - sell the PS3. Basically in a signed, so far unchangeable area, there is what is called the console ID. It is a 2 digit value which delineates what region the system is. By changing that - you would be able to do more, however nobody (aside from sony) is able to make that change - so your best bet is to just sell the PS3 and buy a new one.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for replying man

so Sony just make specific PS3 for specific regions? maybe the firmware not the hardware.

in that case in a month or two i think i might get the Slim one although i just don't like the way it looks.

again thanks.

Well, the firmware is MULTI, but there are flags, that are set in the factory for what region the PS3 will be is all - so one firmware update will work for every system, but each can still be different.

Basically the FW will check the flags to see what is ok to use, and what is not!

thanks for answering i appreciate the help

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News