Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm not too sure about CELL emulating the 360 CPU but it certainly couldnt emulate both CPU and GPU let alone the whole system.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not enough is known about the PSP to emulate it. If the information were out there, you can guarantee that a PC emulator would exist! That said, it is extremely impressive that the PS3 can emulate the PS2's EE and it is expected to be able to emulate both the EE and the GS in the future. That said, the PSP will actually be a little harder to emulate, even though it has the perception of being less powerful than the PS2.

My point is that it's silly to ask these questions if a PC emulator for the same platform does not exist. The only time console's have emulation that PCs don't is when the information used is private to the emulator developer (Sony built the PS2 and owns internal PS2 documentation (not public) that makes it possible to emulate the PS2 on the PS3 and they also have the budget to pay for such an enormous effort. Similarly, they have all the information about the PSP. Until it is reverse engineered and/or leaked and put to use on the PC, forget a PS3 version (that isn't from Sony).

I would not say that it's something Sony would never do. Think about it: Digital distribution of PSP games over the PSN store to connected PSP and also sellable to PS3 owners as downloadable content. To developers, their game is dual purpose (PSN download for PS3 owners, PSP download for circumventing the stores/selling Memory Sticks).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    PSP is technically superor to PS2 in stuff like shaders etc. I thought there was a PSP emulator that devs use to test homebrew on. Sure it doesnt run commercial games or anything but its there.

We still don't have a full psp emulation on pc, but technically psp emulation on ps3 may be easier. I don't know what technology uses the 2 333Mhz psp processors, but it will be nothing hard for CELL to emulate.

I doubt there will be any current/last gen console emulators for the PS3 because there aren't any decent ones for PC that could be ported. Pcxe2 for PS2, Dolphin for GC and Chankast for the DC are the most advanced and compatible emulators for current/last gen consoles. Those could be the first ones that get a PS3 port if somebody unlocks the potential of the cell.

For PS2 emulation on PS3, you are better of hacking the emulator from $ony (like the PSX emu on PSP). Even $ony can't get near 100% compatibility and they only have to emulate half the PS2's hardware.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News