Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Question about PS3 XMB editing help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi all !

I want to move a line in XMB game up or down. So everybody know how to do it?

thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't really understand what you're trying to do, but if you want to remove tabs and other options in any tabs you can take a look into MFW Builder (http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/p...e-is-released/).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks. I mean that i want to remove unwanted icon from XMB (PlaystationNetwork, Friend). I've used RCOmage to extract xmb_plugin_normal.rco then remove all thing relate with PSN:
    Code:
    <XMList name="list_psn" unknown0="0x0" image="nothing" unknownRef3="nothing"></XMList>
    After that i replace that file in dev_flash. Then after reboot PS3 the XMB had nothing icons. too bad and i had to reflash firmware in service mode.

Can i use MFW Builder 0.2.1 to rebuild rebug CFW 3.41.3 just for remove some unwanted icon from XMB ?

thanks for any helps

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes you can use MFW Builder to remove any unwanted tabs in the XMB. Just click "browse" on the Modified firmware option and choose your .pup file of Rebug CFW 3.41.3. Now scroll down to the option and you will find an option saying "Remove unwanted icons from XMB".

From then everything should be straight forward. Click on "Build MFW" after you've finished customizing your MFW.

thanks, on Original FW i choose Rebug CFW 3.41.3 on MFW i choose new save MFW

Right ? And i only check on setting i need everything else no check .Right ? Is it safely to flash new MFW by this program ?

One more thing as. After flash this new MFW can i install rebug_update_package_0.2_3.41.3.pkg ? i think maybe new MFW mixed with it

Why everytime i recreated MFW by PS3MFW build 0.2.1 the output MFW is different with previous MFW although i setting as same as setting before. Please help. I afraid of if i flash created MFW my ps3 will brick.

So i want a help from all of you.

thanks
    Last edited by tranvanthien; 11-15-2011 at 11:10 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've never heard about any reports of a PS3 being bricked by installing a MFW so you're safe using the program. The output file is smaller because of the deleted XMB tabs.

I read from another forum it said that have to edit xmb_plugin.sprx & xmb_ingame.sprx .And i've tried to edit them no problem but after replace the original file with edited file.

The Playstation Network and Friend disapear but the icons seem transparent can still select. And after restart ps3 no icons apear on XMB
    screen so i had to reflash firmware on service mode.

I don't know why. i've tried many way but still no luck. please help. I can't stand about that.

Well it's best to make a MFW, or you can replace the .sprx files with anything. All this stuff (Icons, tabs, themes, etc) are stored in the FW, so like I said before it's best to use MFW.

Thanks HeyManHRU !

I have a question. I've edited file software_update_plugin.rco to remove the line "Update via Internet" .After copied edited file back to PS3. The line "Update via Internet" has gone but if i press X button the PS3 auto searching update file from internet. Why ? So i want it completed remove from System Update setting and the PS3 automatic choose the line "Update via Storage Media" (highlight on that text).

Thanks for any help.

From what I understand you want to remove the "Update Via Internet" option but leave the "Update via Storage Media". Well I don't think you can do that. I would recommend you just disable your internet.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News