Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Question about output signal

Sponsored Links
    hi all, i've looked and had no luck with this so i was hoping you could help... i use component out on my ps3 to a couple of years old samsung tv that does 1280, now the ps3 does 720p output just fine but when i try 1080i it displays it but it has lots of wierd wave type patterns over the image making it not worth watching (1080p doesn't even give a signal) so anyway i thought that my tv can't handle 1080 anything...

however my friend brought down his 360 and we tried it and it CAN do 1080i clear as day, so now i am confused, could it be the cables? or is it more to do with the systems? i mean the cables weren't cheap - any thoughts would be great

ps - if the ps3 is set to 720p (through component) and you take it to a friends who only has a regular tv and composite - how can you make ps3 show up on screen at all? without reattacting it to a HD tv to turn the settings down?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    your problem must be in your TV, because i also use Monster component cables and on my projector 1080i shows up fairly well (except every once in a while you will see a small streak of color on the screen, usually during gameplay with heavy movement) I couldn't be sure of your second question, but i think the PS3 will autoconfigure if no video output is detected.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Your TV is most likely downscaling the 1080i signal to 720p anyway!! You said yourself the TV is 1280, well 1080i is 1920 x 1080.

Do yourself a favour, use 720p, your TV can accept a 1080i signal but is displaying it at 720p anyway!!

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News