Results 1 to 6 of 6



  1. #1
    Registered User DandT40's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8

    [UnAnswered] Question about Linux on PS3


    When running Linux do you have a complete access to all of the hard drive on the ps3? Including game data?

  2. #2
    Registered User wicked insanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    439

    No, the Linux installation is on a seperate partition of the HDD, and has nothing to do with the PS3 partition.

  3. #3
    Registered User DandT40's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked insanity View Post
    No, the Linux installation is on a seperate partition of the HDD, and has nothing to do with the PS3 partition.
    Thanks. This probably should be in the newbie section, sorry for posting over here...

    Are there any utilities that will allow you to access the ps3 partition? Just for file transfer?
    Last edited by DandT40; 05-05-2008 at 03:16 PM

  4. #4
    Registered User moneyslap03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27
    no you will have to use a external hard drive etc to transfer data to the game os

  5. #5
    Registered User DandT40's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyslap03 View Post
    no you will have to use a external hard drive etc to transfer data to the game os
    Alright. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    26,873

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by DandT40 View Post
    Thanks. This probably should be in the newbie section, sorry for posting over here...
    Moved, and you are correct.