[Answered] Query regarding Swap Magic 3.8+ coder edition

Hi Guys !

I was going to buy Swap Magic 3.8+ for PS3 USBLD then certainly i saw that Swap Magic 3.8+ coder edition i want to know that:

1) Will Swap Magic 3.6+,3.8+/coder edition work with PS3 USBLD loader as i have 60GB NTSC/UC PS3 on FW 2.70
    2) Does coder edition boots all games that normal Swap Magic 3.6+ or 3.8+ versions supports plz reply ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsx2006 View Post
    Hi Guys !

I was going to buy Swap Magic 3.8+ for PS3 USBLD then certainly i saw that Swap Magic 3.8+ coder edition i want to know that:

1) Will Swap Magic 3.6+,3.8+/coder edition work with PS3 USBLD loader as i have 60GB NTSC/UC PS3 on FW 2.70
    2) Does coder edition boots all games that normal Swap Magic 3.6+ or 3.8+ versions supports plz reply ASAP.
    Hi,
    1. Yes
    2. with usbloader, Yes.

When SM 3.8 coder came out for the ps2 it was reported that it couldn´t boot some games and 3.6+ was better. Unless your doing a Disc Swap it doesn´t matter. You aren´t using SM to boot up the game, you are using SwapMagics capabilty to boot elfs. So forget about SM´s compatibility and focus on usbloader game compatibilty (which is limited).

Sm 3.8 coder has a cheat system, so if you have some original ps2 games, you can use that feature. I also have a usb pen that works with coder and not 3.6+, so usb compatibilty seems to be alittle better with 3.8 coder.

Make sure you read the threads about usbloader and the compatibilty list so you know exactly what you can do before you purchase SM. Alot of people don´t inform themselves correctly before purchasing SM and then are disappointed.

Thanks bro for helping

Hey bro, thanks for help.. can you point the usbloader compatability thread?

Thumbs Up Thanks again

I just bought sm 3.8+ coder edition working great so tested MGS3 and FFXII and Fifa09 thanks again.