Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] PSX to PC Radioshack adapter works on PS3

Sponsored Links
    Well, I just got done playing through a nice sitting of Resistance, sat down at my desk and noticed my PSX to PC adapter laying there. For those who aren't good with names (they're some people out there), this is a USB device that connects to a USB port and allows you to plug into it a PSX or PS2 controller and use it as a joypad on a PC. Well, I plugged it into my PS3 and guess what? My PS2 and PS1 controllers both work with it. Now, I don't know if this has been noticed before, or if it's big news or anything, but it leads me to wonder if we can use something like this to play "incompatible" games such as Guitar Hero 1/2, DDR, etc. that don't use a conventional PS2 controller.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nah, it's been going around that you can play the PS2 games with the things - even with rumble - but since the DDR and guitar hero controllers don't have analog switches, you end up being stuck with a useless controller -adapter or not.

Hopefully Sony will add some sort of way to get around this in future versions because I'm really itching to pick up Guitar Hero again but I've given my old PS2 to my girlfriend.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ah, thanks for the info coheed.

PS3 Square Button

Quote Originally Posted by Chouonsoku View Post
    Well, I just got done playing through a nice sitting of Resistance, sat down at my desk and noticed my PSX to PC adapter laying there. For those who aren't good with names (they're some people out there), this is a USB device that connects to a USB port and allows you to plug into it a PSX or PS2 controller and use it as a joypad on a PC. Well, I plugged it into my PS3 and guess what? My PS2 and PS1 controllers both work with it. Now, I don't know if this has been noticed before, or if it's big news or anything, but it leads me to wonder if we can use something like this to play "incompatible" games such as Guitar Hero 1/2, DDR, etc. that don't use a conventional PS2 controller.

Any thoughts?
    Do PS3 games vibrate with the old controllers?

Quote Originally Posted by KING2565 View Post
    Do PS3 games vibrate with the old controllers?
    Probably not because they werent programmed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by deltazetaphi View Post
    Probably not because they werent programmed that way.
    Correct. The PS1 and PS2 games do (when available), but the PS3 games don't have the option available because the PS3 controller doesn't support vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie666 View Post
    Ok i just bought the adapter. The controller works in the xmb but when I start a game it says press the ps button. and the controller doesn't work
    You need to have a PS3 controller connected too. Then you can use the PS2 controller as the PS3 one is connected.

I'll edit this post in a few minutes with my method to getting it to work. Right now the Resistance demo is downloading again, so it'll be a few minutes. :P 80%

Unhappy

i used the usb adapter a while back but i plugged my joyfrag into it. the keyboard worked and mouse buttons worked (in resistance and cod) but mouse look/aim don't work because i don't have an analog switch..

Ah, just tried to test it and it seems the controller adapter doesn't work outside of the XMB. Sorry about that, guess I remembered things wrong. =/

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News