[Answered] PSN EU, titles work on US-Console?

Hei guys,

I've bought a PS 3 from the US some time ago, now I haven't been able to download any non-free games because it won't accept my credit card. Today I've opened an EU-Account and there the cerditcard seems to work; however, will the titles I download from the EU-Store work (specifically Tekken: Dark Resurrection)?

And again, will I be able to play it on my US-Account? Is the download limited to User or to the Console?
    Last edited by Dixxhead; 03-20-2007 at 03:14 PM
    Best Answer - Posted by eskay993
    Dixxhead, can I ask, are you trying to run this on an SDTV and/or are you using FW less than 1.6? This might be the problem.

Haven't confirmed this myself so hoping someone can as I'm in the same boat. I've read in several places that this is not strictly a FW issue, nor a region lock issue but a NTSC/PAL issue. I have a US PS3, FW 1.54 and a PAL SDTV and I can't play any games I download from the UK store.

I've heard the two solution are:

1 - Upgrade to FW 1.6 since this has a fix to allow NTSC PS3's to play PAL content.

2 - Use an HDTV since NTSC/PAL standards aren't an issue in the HD world.

can anyone comfirm if option 2 will work?

Thanks all.

eskay993

Downloaded Tekken from EU store, and it works with me!

US Ps3

Wink

Dixxhead, can I ask, are you trying to run this on an SDTV and/or are you using FW less than 1.6? This might be the problem.

Haven't confirmed this myself so hoping someone can as I'm in the same boat. I've read in several places that this is not strictly a FW issue, nor a region lock issue but a NTSC/PAL issue. I have a US PS3, FW 1.54 and a PAL SDTV and I can't play any games I download from the UK store.

I've heard the two solution are:

1 - Upgrade to FW 1.6 since this has a fix to allow NTSC PS3's to play PAL content.

2 - Use an HDTV since NTSC/PAL standards aren't an issue in the HD world.

can anyone comfirm if option 2 will work?

Thanks all.

eskay993
    Last edited by eskay993; 03-24-2007 at 11:17 AM

US PS3 - downloaded Genji and GT HD demo's from UK store - both work fine.

Krizz

US PS3, Downloaded a couple games from the EU store, working fine.

Btw - i have 1.6 FW and HDMI cable through to HDTV, not sure if that helps at all.

Krizz

Thanks krizz... this is what I am trying to confirm. Since you have 1.6, we know that it will work no matter what connection or TV type you use, so unfortunatly it doesn't help with my situation.

I don't want to upgrade to 1.6 yet, so I am hoping to confirm if FW less than 1.6 can play PAL content on a US console when played through HDMI on an HDTV. It is confirmed that if you use an SDTV, you can't play content unless you upgrade to 1.6.

Just from this thread alone there are 2 contradictory reports. One guy says you must have the FW, another says you just need an HDMI cable. This is mirrored on every other forum I've been on and I'm still non the wiser.

What I'm hoping for is someone who can say they have:

- An NTSC PS3 (USA/JAP)
    - FW 1.54 or less
    - An HDTV connected using HDMI
    - Can play PAL content like GT HD 2.0

Just have to wait till Tuesday till my HDTV arrives and test I guess. Will let you guys know what happens as I know there are peeps out there who would like to know.

Cheers

eskay993

Let us know how u get on eskay993. I wanted to upgrade my FW to play motorstorm and get the extras from sony (browser etc). I have had no probs with anything downloaded from UK PS store so far.

My Sony KDF-50E2010 arrived today (sweet ) and I can confirm that as long as you use HDMI on an HDTV you do not need to upgrade to FW 1.6 to play PAL content on an NTSC console.

If you are using an SDTV, you have to upgrade to FW 1.6 to play PAL content.

Hope that helps peeps who were as confused as I was.

Cheers

eskay993

no dude, I have a japanese ps3 upgraded to 1.6 and a PAL standard TV and I can confirm that GTHD 2.0 IS NOT WORKIN on it... have to buy a sweet hd screen but ehh not enough money after the cost of the hardware