Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation Trying to use 2.80 online

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys,

I have been looking all over the internet for a solution to my problem, and this page is the closest thing I could find, although you are discussing an older FW version.

The FW version I have on my PS3 right now is 2.80, and at the time of writing this, the latest version available is 3.01. It was only yesterday (10/13/09) that I started getting error 8002A212 when trying to sign onto PSN. Before that, the proxy server trick using PS3 ProxyServer GUI was working great.

I tried several different "spoof" text files. Here is the one that I was using all along and only recently stopped working:

[Register or Login to view code]

Then I tried this one, which tries to say that 2.80 IS the latest version available:

And finally, below is the "real" version from Sony. When I tried this one, then doing an internet connection test with the ProxyServer running, it gives me the same message as if I was not running a proxy server (that a new update is available), instead of giving me error 8002A212.

Can anyone tell me anything current about this proxy server issue that hasn't already been discussed with the prior FW versions?
    NOT updating my firmware to version 3.01 for me is not only by choice but necessity!! I have read too many reports of Blu-Ray drives failing as a result of FW 3.01, especially for my model# & manufacture date (CECHA01, January 2007).

Just have a look at this thread for evidence of why I CAN'T risk to update now:
    [Register or Login to view links]

Any workarounds or suggestions at this point are welcome! Please help!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Having the same problem.

Was able to use the ps3-updatelist method to bypass the firmware check about couple weeks ago. It was still working fine during the weekend. However, after PSN had their "Regular Scheduled Maintenance", it is not possible to log into PSN anymore.

Same with ingersoj, unwilling to update to latest firmware due to problems and not about to shell out money for half of the new system if problem occurs.

Any solution to this?

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Down

Sponsored Links
    i have the same problem guys! I think Ps3 update list bypassig method are not working anymore i think that they use something... something sending when ps3 going online... something sending that ps3 proxy cant see!! i think so!!

Lightbulb

Not sure if means anything, but previously, when using the Internet Connection Test utility on PS3, it only checks for getting IP address and Internet connection. Today, however, when using the utility, it goes:

Obtain IP Address - Successful
    Internet Connection - Successful
    PlayStation Network - Failed

Previously, it would not check for PlayStation Network. But for some reason, it checks for it now. And firmware was still version 2.80.

we have to update to 3.01 to get online! Sony changed something in ps3 frimware check!!

YES! that is correct..we need to update to 3.0 or 3.01 to sign in..

Tho im not biting the bullet just quite yet.. I'm waiting for an update that is more stable.. cuz 3.01 does fix 3.0 problems but it also adds more.. lol.. sony is

The bypass method is probably still working, but only if someone figure out what additional changes they made. They probably made addition commands requesting PS3 to respond, which is why the PlayStation Network check appear. Also, the PlayStation Network check seems to exist in firmware 3.0x from the pictures.

Hey guys is me Leftpimp the guy who started this thread months ago... i did a little research and found out that Sony does this random block of Bypass firmwares as a way to see who will update. its part of there QA division (dont quote me on the actual division name) but what i can tell you is that i am in japan right now and have a source inside Sony that has leaked this info to me...(i am not japanese by the way i am just here in japan working.. i am from california... go chargers!!!)

anyway as you have read the beginning of my thread you will see that the last time Sony "turned on" there "Bypass, Bypasser" was a while ago... but there is some tactic to it... its when the good updates come out. all of the small updates sony does not care to turn it on but when the good ones come rollin out "scazush" instant fail connection to PSN via the coding in the "good" update.

again I found this out through a friend (that i thank god for) that works inside the sony building in tokyo japan... who also has no name... if you know what i mean. so like i said before you are down to a few options... get down... or stay down. talk you you all soon. adios para ahora pero no para siempre.

Quote Originally Posted by leftpimp View Post
    Hey guys is me Leftpimp the guy who started this thread months ago... i did a little research and found out that Sony does this random block of Bypass firmwares as a way to see who will update. its part of there QA division (dont quote me on the actual division name) but what i can tell you is that i am in japan right now and have a source inside Sony that has leaked this info to me...(i am not japanese by the way i am just here in japan working.. i am from california... go chargers!!!)

anyway as you have read the beginning of my thread you will see that the last time Sony "turned on" there "Bypass, Bypasser" was a while ago... but there is some tactic to it... its when the good updates come out. all of the small updates sony does not care to turn it on but when the good ones come rollin out "scazush" instant fail connection to PSN via the coding in the "good" update.

again I found this out through a friend (that i thank god for) that works inside the sony building in tokyo japan... who also has no name... if you know what i mean. so like i said before you are down to a few options... get down... or stay down. talk you you all soon. adios para ahora pero no para siempre.
    So basically, either update or lose access to PSN.

That is so wrong of Sony. Forcing people update to a firmware that they know might cause probable non functioning PS3.

Question

Well, it seems that we have again the famous "8002A212" code error appearing when using the last version of Proxi Server.

It's been 5 since it started to fail. Does anybody else have problems with the PSN connection and proxi server?

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News