[UnAnswered] PSN Content Interrupted?

June 7, 2007 - Earlier today, http://ps3.ign.com/articles/794/794758p1.html on this Thursday's downloadable content that would be available from the PlayStation Store. While the inclusion of three game trailers, Transformers movie trailer and Blu-ray trailer made the update media-heavy, there were two missing updates that stood out to many PS3 owners. Fans of MotorStorm and Resistance: Fall of Man were looking forward to this Thursday so they could download new maps, game modes and other changes to the gameplay. We contacted SCEA directly to find out what the delays were facing these two content packs.

Racers looking to tear up the desert were eagerly awaiting the MotorStorm 1.2 update, which would have provided a Time Attack mode, as well as races against multiple phantom opponents. Players would also experience improved online play. When contacted about the update slipping past its expected June 7th date, SCEA released the following statement: "We know you have all been looking forward to the release of the MotorStorm
    1.2 update. Due to technical issues we have decided to make a number of small changes to this important release schedule. As a result the update, which includes all the fixes and improvements previously announced, will have a small delay in release. The highly anticipated new game mode, 'Time attack' will be available for download through the PLAYSTATION®Store on June 14th. Online updates and fixes as part up update 1.2 will be made available as of June 11th. I am sure you all understand the need for us to ensure we deliver to you content of the highest possible quality and that small delays are sometime unavoidable."

Soldiers looking to take the fight to the Chimera were also awaiting the release of new map packs for Resistance: Fall of Man. The content pack would also include two new online game modes: Team Conversion and Assault. We contacted Alyssa Casella at SCEA, who provided us with this information regarding the delay in the map pack. "During the final testing of the global server for Resistance: Fall of Man a few last minute issues have come up. We are working to resolve the issues as quickly as we can, but unfortunately, can not resolve them prior to our announced launch date of June 7th for the map pack and content update. The delay will not be long, and we'll have a firm date to share with you shortly." Casella also mentioned that more information on the map packs as well as its delay would be available at http://www.myresistance.net.

We'll keep you updated on the eventual release of these map packs as soon as possible.

Thanks to http://ps3.ign.com/articles/794/794811p1.html for sharing the news with us!

thanks for ruining my fun her0 i guess ill have to wait longer for this update for Resistance that I probably will hold off on getting if it costs money...

would have been nice to see some new scenery around the dead bodies of my oponents

Damn you, Sony! I was waiting for these updates...