Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PSN can't activate Tokyo Jungle help?

Sponsored Links
    God I hate Sony. So I just bought Tokyo Jungle, yet I can't download it!

It said "activating...please wait" for a minute, then gave me the 80029780 error. After that it just gave me that error after 1 second of clicking download.

I transferred the account to another email address, which is the common solution. Sadly same thing happened, 1 minute of wait then an error.

Let me guess, they allow you to buy things off PSN, but they don't allow you to use them? Genius.

Any help? Any workarounds available? I'm on KMEAW 3.55, would updating to 4.30 CFW work? I really would rather not do that though.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I had the same problem, the only solution to my problem was to format the hdd. I backuped everything then formatted and I could download again. When I restored my backup to my ps3 I restored the error too. So just backup only your saves and proceed with formatting your ps3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you can not activate PSN stuff on 3.55CFW, either upgrade to REX 4.21.1 to activate and play that game.

REX= Rebug right? Won't other CFW work? I want to be certain because erm, chance of bricking, plus I am in another country so I won't be able to get my original eboots for at least 3 months.. game discs back at home.

EDIT: Did I just read that it allows swapping level 2 kernels? That means dual booting right? Sounds like an amazing firmware overall..
    Last edited by KirasiN91; 11-04-2012 at 03:52 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

there are no brick risk on REX 4.21.1 unlike other CFW out there, and dual kernels means, you can boot both 4.21 DEX and 4.21 CEX (CEX should be a CFW not OFW) at the same time.

Ok then, since I am planning to update to rex 4.21.1 tomorrow, mind telling me how PSN activation works? Is it something about the CFW or does sony just not allow activation on old firmwares?

Have you tried deleting the account with error. I mean the PS3 account that gives that error.

Create another account on PS3, transfer all your saves from old account to new one, synch trophies of your old account to PSN. Now delete the old account and use your PSN ID with Tokyo Jungle on that new account. Synch back your trophies so that you can also reload your save data. Hopefully, it will work. It worked for me so hope it does for you too.

The Tokyo Jungle PSN ID is a different one. So my trophies or saves won't work. To be honest I don't really care anymore either. -.- Never buying a sony console, ever.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News