Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] ps3 ylod questions help?

Sponsored Links
    i have a couple of quick questions about theses issues please help if you can ? see i heard about how to permanently fix theses issues from sites such as ps3lightfix and ylodrepairwizard. (please note i want you to answer these question in your own words).

the issues are

1. how to permanently fix the solid / flashing red light
    2. how to permanently fix the flashing green light
    3. how to permanently fix the 3 beep issue
    4. how to permanently fix blank screen of death / no display issue
    Last edited by jamesnesc709; 08-28-2011 at 03:40 AM Reason: add
    Best Answer - Posted by B4rtj4h:

Ok since i have not seen 1 straight answer here i go:

1. how to permanently fix the solid / flashing red light

PROBLEM:Your PS3 has overheated.
    FIX: There is not much you can do (anymore). You could open it up and check the solders and coolingpaste on the GPU and CPU... but normaly it's to late for that.

PROBLEM:This means your PS3 fails to load the XMB.
    FIX: with the PS3 off, hold down the power button for 10 seconds until you hear three beeps. Press the PS button on the controller and the recovery menu will load. Use the recovery menu to unbrick your PS3 by installing a firmware update or preforming other actions".

PROBLEM: The filesystem is corrupt or the USB device in your PS3 is malfunctioning!
    FIX: Remove the USB device and reinstall the FW

PROBLEM: LOL... do i need to explain?
    FIX: You could check if there is still a signal coming trough the cable by replacing it or try the RGB instead of HDMI...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well the only thing I can do is recommend the best fixes from my own experience.

For the YLOD (Blinking red light) I suggest using the Heat Gun method, it will last you a long while. Don't use the Hair Dryer method unless you want the PS3 working for a week. To see how these methods work watch it on Youtube.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i thought the flashing red light was overheating of the system ?
    Last edited by jamesnesc709; 08-28-2011 at 04:09 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have a couple of quick questions about theses issues, on the website that i went to had the ylod in a separated problem/issue.
    Last edited by jamesnesc709; 08-28-2011 at 04:22 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what actual problem does your ps3 have.. if it you press on button light is yellow beeps tree times then turns off red(solid or flashing) its ylod.. the only way to fix this is to get it reballed. that means to have the gpu resoldered.. and the rsx chip to i guess.. the heat gun method will cause more damage than good.. yeah it may work for a while. but then you have to do it again and again and you can easily worp the mo board and do other damage.. not good in my opinion..

well the ps3 i am getting from my friend it is overheating , it not showing any yellow light at all only a flashing red light .
    don't forget to answer theses questions as well

It gets the yellow light for a split second before it starts flashing red. This is because both the red and green lights are on making you see a yellow light. Hence it's called the Yellow light of Death (YLOD).

Question

here is what my friend ps3 is actually doing, here is the link: [Register or Login to view links]

just click on the flashing red light button link
    Last edited by jamesnesc709; 08-28-2011 at 06:53 AM Reason: add

Does this happen when you turn your PS3 on or after your PS3 is on for a while?

its ylod.. what model ps3 is it?

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News