Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It only occurs to the PS3 slim if you keep it in a tight enclosed space or/and keep it on for a very long time. Making it overheat, which cracks the GPUs (Chip).

For the rest of your problems search or check youtube, etc. If you have any question regarding what you read just ask them.

We're here to help... well try
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 08-29-2011 at 07:50 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i tried to Google it only really about those issues coming up about getting the repair guides for ps3

2. how to permanently fix the flashing green light
    3. how to permanently fix the 3 beep issue
    4. how to permanently fix blank screen of death / no display issue

but i still think that the slim ps3 will just have the same faults as fat ps3.. and i do agree with HeyManHRU about the gpu problem.

i guess if we knew all this we would be rich charging people heaps of cash to fix em eh.. you know what they say.. you cant polish a turd!!

not that the ps3 is a turd but the way it was designed is, thats for sure.

yea that very true elser1.. if i find out the answer i will let you let you guys know.

Doesn't the flashing green light mean your PS3 is doing something and can't turn off for that moment?

Here is some more background from others:

slim ps3 for cech20xxx i heard some of them have a YLOD. but i never heard of this since cech21xxx and cech25xxx.

ylods on slims are very rare. but yeah it can help, but don't count much on it.

Yeah, Slims can get YLOD... i know because i had it

The slims can and do suffer from YLoD issues just like the fat PS3's. However they are still relatively new compared to the fat consoles. Give it time and eventually you'll see more and more of them failing.

YLODs are only rare on slims because they usually get flashing red light syndrome instead. The cause is the same (solder cracking due to temperature changes).

i will be adding more information in a couple of days thank you

WoW, got a lot of issues with this particular PS3. If it was me, i would buy a new/used PS3! LoL So, my advice is buy another PS3!

i will be posting a lot more stuff when i wake up

Ok since i have not seen 1 straight answer here i go:

1. how to permanently fix the solid / flashing red light

PROBLEM:Your PS3 has overheated.
    FIX: There is not much you can do (anymore). You could open it up and check the solders and coolingpaste on the GPU and CPU... but normaly it's to late for that.

2. how to permanently fix the flashing green light

PROBLEM:This means your PS3 fails to load the XMB.
    FIX: with the PS3 off, hold down the power button for 10 seconds until you hear three beeps. Press the PS button on the controller and the recovery menu will load. Use the recovery menu to unbrick your PS3 by installing a firmware update or preforming other actions".

3. how to permanently fix the 3 beep issue

PROBLEM: The filesystem is corrupt or the USB device in your PS3 is malfunctioning!
    FIX: Remove the USB device and reinstall the FW

4. how to permanently fix blank screen of death / no display issue

PROBLEM: LOL... do i need to explain?
    FIX: You could check if there is still a signal coming trough the cable by replacing it or try the RGB instead of HDMI...

i gave you a +rep for answering a lot of people should knows this

if anybody else want to add some more stuff they can. anyone else what to try it before i close this post ?
    Last edited by jamesnesc709; 09-08-2011 at 05:46 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast