Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    Does this happen when you turn your PS3 on or after your PS3 is on for a while?
    this is what my friend say turns on for a min the red light comes on and it powers off, and also i have one i want to repair but it does it when after the ps3 is on for a while like on sony website the link i showed you from overheating how would i be able to fix both problems perfectly ??

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    its ylod.. what model ps3 is it?
    did you see the link from sony about the over heating ?
    Last edited by jamesnesc709; 08-28-2011 at 07:33 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Try cleaning the PS3 completely.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok thank you see why i ask because i am charging my friend $55.00 to fix his ps3, and also i want to know what cause theses issues as well below ? i also know in time by overheating can cause a ylod problem. i should be getting his ps3 later on today or monday.

2. how to permanently fix the flashing green light
    3. how to permanently fix the 3 beep issue
    4. how to permanently fix blank screen of death / no display issue

please note i am not really talking too much about yellow light of death.

I know that others will disagree and say you can fix them, but I my opinion spending any money repairing a fat ps3 is a complete waste of money. Its hard to let it go especially if you are on a tight budget but its best to save the money and get a slim, second hand if you can get a good deal. By all means try to fix it yourself and tinker about with it for the hell of it but don't spend any money on them.

i have to disagree with you about the slim models why i don't like them because they do have less vents holes then the original fat models .

the slim models may have slightly better quality components in them and use newer tech and produce far less heat than the original 90nm fat models. that's why they have less holes..

send it back to sony to fix. then when you rec it back call up to complain you can't seem to install your linux in it anymore.um n arr a bit n you will get a repair fee refund.. i did anyways..LOL

I'm not saying that the slim models are perfect, but they definitely sorted out the ylod with them. Now the weak spot in a Ps3 slim is its bluray drive but with the cfw and progskeet, that is not the end for a slim if the bluray fails.

The price of slims is falling and to waste money on fixing fats with a known and widespread design fault, only for it to probably fail again, is not a good idea.

yea but the slim verson can get a ylod too. but not as fast then the fat version.

2. how to permanently fix the flashing green light
    3. how to permanently fix the 3 beep issue
    4. how to permanently fix blank screen of death / no display issue

here is the video of ylod on a slim verison here proof

Last edited by jamesnesc709; 08-29-2011 at 03:50 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have never heard of that before but it obviously happens in isolated incident. Ylod was a widespread problem for fat consoles which was fixed in the design of slims.

i know it happen widespread with the fat version of the ps3, but i don't think it was totally fixed when they did the slim version earlier because i have a guide on disassemble the slim version. in the guide it showing the exactly the same type of chips as was on the rest of the ps3 models. i know it my be a different type of chip but what causes a ylod is the cracked solder point.. plus i saw like 5 youtube videos that showed the same problem.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News