Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 YLOD - Fix myself or get it done professionally?

Sponsored Links
    YLOD - Should I fix myself or get it done professionally and put on infectus while im at it?

Theres no chance im sending it away to sony so they can ruin my lovely 3.15!

Is infectus worth putting on? because ill probably be getting it fixed at a modchipper shop and im sure they'll know how to do it all.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    infectus isuseless for 3.15 because it doesn't work. Fixing is up to you. How much experience do you have in electronics and fixing stuff?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    useless now huh, but what about in the future?

im fine with pcs but ive never touched a notebook or a console.

i cant solder so ill prob do the heating thing everybodys doing and renew the thermal paste.

is there a better fan i can put on?

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    is there a better fan i can put on?
    I'd personally recommend the Nyko Intercooler, available for around 10 bucks on eBay. I self-fixed my system and it usually works really well..whereas most people have to re-up the thermal paste/reflow technique every few months, I go 6-9 months inbetween reflows. Not exactly a permafix, more of a stopgap measure, but it works.

Doing the heatgun trick is really only a temporary fix. There's a good chance that your PS3 will YLOD again. I know some people say they've never had a problem after doing it once, but do you really want to take the chance? The majority of them have said they had to keep on doing it over and over again. And even then, there's a good chance that one day the 'fix' might not work anymore.

The best suggestion would be to do a heatgun fix, then get another PS3 and use the Data Transfer Utility. With the heatgun fix, you never know when it might happen again.

Doing the heatgun trick is really only a temporary fix.
    True have done it for two times on my 60GB PS3 and it bricked a 3th time.And there are some more probs, the chips used onto the ps3 MB are not so good and even if you resolder/reball the GPU and CPU you can run into a Y(R)LoD caused by the other components present on the MB.

So i would suggest to use the reballing.

what about soldering - apparently there's a method involving that :S

Uhm...

[Register or Login to view code]

Understand?

Reballing IS Resoldering its only a new methode of to Solder

ahh, then youd expect it to be a perm fix.. lame.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News