Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 YLOD again, please any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
    hello ppl,

I followed gilsky's awesome tutorial and fixed it but it YLOD'd again after 2 days. I had taken very good care and did not let it heat up (the fan never made loud noise) but I think it happened again because I used a cheap thermal compound.

So my question is should I buy arctic silver 5 and the lead free flux to reflow my PS3 again? Will it work at least an year or so if i don't let the fan go to higher speed at all. Or is it just a temporary fix for a mere few months and i will have to eventually send it to sony? I had searched before posting and a few ppl said that the fluxing improves the longevity but I want to know how much??

Also, even after fixing the YLOD issue the first time, i did not hear my system beep (at startup, shutdown, eject etc), is that related or just some part not worth noticing??
    Last edited by imrock; 01-30-2011 at 04:00 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by imrock:

Yup, that's it I am done playing around and finally getting a new slim version.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you can reball the unit, but that is the only permament fix aside from sending it to sony, everything else is just tempoary.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well, re-balling is something which i cannot do and will be better off sending it to sony, but with so many ppl with ylod problems and gilsky's tut so famous, does it work for such a less span of time?? I mean he shd state that before showing that reflowing will work for maximum of a months time or so, that means all the ppl who got ylod had to eventually buy a new one?

there should be something i am missing..

it is possible that it will work for some weeks, it will work but you really should consider buying a new one.. you can spend more trying to fix it.

Yup, that's it I am done playing around and finally getting a new slim version.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News