Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 xmb movie icons help?

Sponsored Links
    I have an 2 TB external hard drive connected to my PS3 with over 40 films on it. I would like to be able to create icons so that when I access a movie the created icon for that movie will show instead of blank boring folders.

I have converted my fims using mkv2vob, each film is in it's own folder, most of them are split into indivdual 4 GB parts and come in formats such as mpg and m2ts.

The folder layout on my hard drive is, for example,

/Films/Inception 1080p Blu-ray/

Inception 1080p Blu-ray.part1
    Inception 1080p Blu-ray.part2
    Inception 1080p Blu-ray.part3

I access them via the xbm on the video tab, select the hard drive by pressing triangle and then view all, then navigate to /Films/

I hope they is a way to do this, it looks so plain atm.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm not sure how to do that directly in the XMB. I know the new version of MultiMan supports COVER and POSTER files for media now, but that will only show inside MultiMan.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah I was thinking about MultiMAN, wondered which folder I would have to put my video files in to get MM to read them? Maybe you have to rip them in using MM for it to work? I don't know, it's just an idea I had.

I wondered if I created a PIC0.PNG or PIC1.PNG and dropped it in the root folder for each movie, whether this would work on the XMB! (DOH! I got the XMB wrong again, I'm always doing that LOL!)

no xmb wont show thumbnails or previews for video files on an external HDD.

as for multiman, I'm pretty sure if you look in the options ini file for multiman it'll have the path in there.
    Last edited by barrybarryk; 02-04-2011 at 12:30 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh right, well that sounds like a done deal then Thanks for your input!

I'll give MM a look, thanks.
    Last edited by tim132; 02-04-2011 at 12:32 PM Reason: I'll give MM a look, thanks

Yeah, you can actually put them in any path you want, just make sure you list it in the options file so MM can find it. Check the MM thread for the exact instructions on adding COVER and POSTER to video files.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News