Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 and X10 help

Sponsored Links
    OK lets put this under a newbie question. I own two ps3's although my 60GB launch ps3 has just got the YLOD. But thats not what this is about. When I use my 40GB PS3 (these are Australian models I think some of ours are different from others around the world) when using it it appears to interfere with my X10 lighting modules and will switch them on.

I've tried different housecodes (X10 housecodes) to no avail. This only ever happened with the 40GB model and never the 60GB model. Any ideas on why? PS I still can't believe there is no way to pull data at least photos and videos off a YLOD HDD. Cheers
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

Quote Originally Posted by johnymorgz View Post
    OK lets put this under a newbie question. I own two ps3's although my 60GB launch ps3 has just got the YLOD. But thats not what this is about. When I use my 40GB PS3 (these are Australian models I think some of ours are different from others around the world) when using it it appears to interfere with my X10 lighting modules and will switch them on.

I've tried different housecodes (X10 housecodes) to no avail. This only ever happened with the 40GB model and never the 60GB model. Any ideas on why? PS I still can't believe there is no way to pull data at least photos and videos off a YLOD HDD. Cheers
    Well - re the X10, are you using the WIFI connection - best guess is that perhaps it is interfering - probably on the 2.4ghz spectrum. If you are using WiFi - try shutting it off.

As for pulling data from the YLOD - you could send it to get repaired to either Sony, or a 3rd party, 3rd party might be cheaper, but Sony can usually recover the data and will stick it on another box.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by johnymorgz View Post

Well - re the X10, are you using the WIFI connection - best guess is that perhaps it is interfering - probably on the 2.4ghz spectrum. If you are using WiFi - try shutting it off.

As for pulling data from the YLOD - you could send it to get repaired to either Sony, or a 3rd party, 3rd party might be cheaper, but Sony can usually recover the data and will stick it on another box.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the advice. The WIFI was something I had thought of, but I didn't think about turning it off. I have tried using the PS3 and turning off the wireless media connectivity but the lights still came on. The problem is more annoying then anything and why does it happen with one model PS3 (40GB) and not the other (60GB).

As for sending my PS3 HDD to Sony from what Ive been told Sony Australia will "due to privacy" wipe all data on the HDD. So my other option is as you said to send it to a third party repairer and hope for the best. Sony Australia charge $250 ($232US) to repair it or rather take mine and send a refurnished one back to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News