Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 won't update through USB help?

Sponsored Links
    Hey, currently my PS3 3.41 is in service mode and i want to downgrade it to firmware 3.15 so i can have the OtherOS feature. I have followed all the procedures and the console is in service mode, i placed the 3.15 pup file in the PS3/UPDATE folder but my PS3 just won't find it. I have formatted my memory stick (Its in FAT32 as well), I've also used a second memory stick just in case mine was at fault.

It comes up with "No applicable update data was found"

In case anyone wants to know, I've entered service mode using PS3JIG on the PSP because that was on the only device i had to get my PS3 into service mode. So does anyone know how to fix this issue?

If I've left any details out feel free to ask.
    Best Answer - Posted by DeViL304:

You are doing it wrong. You just put the PS3UPDAT.PUP and the first lv2diag.self onto the root of your usb stick, Then put that usb stick into ps3 (must be right usb port - nearest to bluray drive - farthest to righthand side) then reboot while in service mode and it should give you a black screen for about 5-10minutes, green light will flash as proccess gets closer to the end, then it should shutdown by itself and its done. (if it doesnt shut down by itself give it about 20-30 minutes then reboot it manually)

P.S. The 2 lv2diag.self files are in the downgrade files rar that you must have downloaded when you followed all the procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecniv View Post
    Sorry mate but I have to ask why downgrade now?? there are quite a few people working day and night to get NOT ORTHEROS but linux back on the ps3 and making a lot of progress every day...

But let`s get back on topic here I think the reason why you can`t downgrade is because it is actually not possible to downgrade to 3.15 only 4.41 and up.
    You can downgrade as far back as your hardware will allow.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    And the 3.15 update file is called PS3UPDAT.PUP?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, i doubled checked.

Did you console originally come with firmware version 3.15 or older? It may be a bad PUP, try downloading it again from here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=4176

Also, try placing it in the root of your USB drive.

Sorry mate but I have to ask why downgrade now?? there are quite a few people working day and night to get NOT ORTHEROS but linux back on the ps3 and making a lot of progress every day...

But let`s get back on topic here I think the reason why you can`t downgrade is because it is actually not possible to downgrade to 3.15 only 4.41 and up.

Well the console is a US 60GB console, so i presume it would have the very first firmware, but i only just got the console recently so i don't know its history. I'll download the PUP and see what happens.

And also to answer Exniv's question, its just out of curiosity really.

Doesn't look much differant than AsbestOS, but good luck.

Gotcha, you should be ok to downgrade, but remember you will probably loose your BluRay playback ability if you do that. If this is a problem you want to check out AsbestOS. Also, try placing the PUP in the root of the USB drive and in x:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP.

Yeah i read about losing the playback but i have another PS3 which i use for PSN and such so i should be ok. I'll give it a try in a minute and report back what happens.

you need to download the fw you want put it in a folder UPGRADE and put that in a folder \PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP then this will work from your usb... this happened to me yesterday when upgradimg my int hdd... it would give me the same message you're getting when it was on my usb root until i did it this way and it worked 100% straight up... hope this helps.

sorry didn't see severuxs great answer...
    Last edited by elser1; 03-01-2011 at 05:08 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News