Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Answered] ps3 won't take discs!

what would be a viable solution to this problem.

I would say your blu ray drive is broken and can be repaired. You sometimes get working blu ray drives on ebay and do yourself or you can give it to professionals and they'll repair it for a charge, not much nowadays, down where i live can get it repaired for like £60.

Don't know if it would come to use for you for using PS JB since it doesn't load off the disk but off the HD but it does need a disc in the drive so it can emulate loading.

Sorry for double posting edit wouldn't work.
    Last edited by aamir007; 08-29-2010 at 12:06 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This might help you: wikihow.com/Realign-Your-Ps3%27s-Blu-Ray-So-That-a-Disc-Can-Load-and-Eject
    Last edited by Pcsx2006; 08-29-2010 at 12:31 PM

There are sometimes easy fixes for this, it may just be that you need to realign your drive which there are quite a few tutorials on how to do on youtube, or or one of the mechanisms has come loose which again theres tutorials for, but does the drive take discs and not register that they are there or can you not get the disc in?

if all else fails i can swap the bd drive from another ps3?

it doesn't take the disc into the drive.. so its not the laser.
    Last edited by BwE; 08-29-2010 at 11:00 PM

Yeah you could swap if with another working one, as long as its the same model.

Hi, my Son's PS3 fat 80g Playstation 3 which is 2 years old will no longer read any CD's, games, movies etc. It takes the disc in ok but nothing happens, the disc icon no longer appears either. I am aware from reading lots of postings on here and other gaming forums that it is a common fault. How do I go about getting it repaired. Is it possible to buy a new driver and have it installed myself or should I try lens cleaner first. Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonya990 View Post
    Hi, my Son's PS3 fat 80g Playstation 3 which is 2 years old will no longer read any CD's, games, movies etc. It takes the disc in ok but nothing happens, the disc icon no longer appears either. I am aware from reading lots of postings on here and other gaming forums that it is a common fault. How do I go about getting it repaired. Is it possible to buy a new driver and have it installed myself or should I try lens cleaner first. Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks
    That sounds your laser is damaged. You have to get a new laser and bring it in, or let it repair. Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by sonya990 View Post
    Yup, your laser is gone. Which you will need to replace and most likely you'll have to give it to a console repair store (to a professional) if you have no knowledge in repairing console as you could easily destroy the console (experienced that thought i'd open up my ps2 to replace the drive and destroyed it ) If you do have knowledge then there available on the net most likely fleabay.

Quote Originally Posted by aamir007 View Post
    Yeah you could swap if with another working one, as long as its the same model.
    thought you can't replace drives?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast