Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] ps3 won't start help?

Sponsored Links
    When I turn on it says... cannot start. The correct hard disk was not found.

Please help!!! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Gonna need A LOT more information than that tbh...

PS3 Model?
    Original HDD or have you replaced the HDD?
    Refurb/fixed from YLOD/bought new?
    Error code?
    OFW or CFW?

Best guess based off the information you've given so far... it's safe to assume that the PS3 isn't recognising the HDD.

This could be because of anything from the condition of the PS3 to incompatible HDD installed.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    try using some of options in the recovery menu to see if that helps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did you just swap in another HD from someone else's PS3? You can't do that, put your HD back in and try again.

This happens when new hard drive is installed into PS3 and while it usually works fine, some times after starting the PS3 it's not recognized correctly. This is mainly down to fact that new hard drives are SATA II (300 Mit) while PS3 is still using SATA I (150 Mbit) connection and although it is capable of autonegotiation it sometimes simply fails at start - for this cases it's recommended to force the hard drive to always use SATA I / 150 MB mode.

Depending on the make and model this could be either done by a jumper on the hard drive itself and with some models by setting in the BIOS of the hard drive itself - for that you'd need indeed a PC and corresponding hard drive utlity from the manufacturer.

However - this could be also caused by faulty or corrupted hard drive - then you would need to try (as already suggested above) to use some recovery options or - worst case scenario - reformat hard drive or even replace it for a new one.

"while PS3 is still using SATA I (150 Mbit)"

Are you sure this is the case im almost certain the ps3 uses SATA II (300 Mbit)

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News