Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [Answered] PS3 won't power on help please?

Sponsored Links
    I have a launch ps3 and have replaced the factory thermal paste with artic silver prob. 2-3 years ago and everything has been fine until the other day. I went to turn the ps3 on and noticed the connector to the board with the power button/eject button/lights on it had been broke off

(i have had the top of the ps3 off for awhile to help with cooling and ease of cleaning). It turned on fine with the controller and i played for awhile and turned it off. a couple days later i turn it on with the controller and played a hour or so and think i turned it off but now i can't say for sure.

a couple days later i went to turn it on with the controller like always and it is totally unresponsive and since the connector to the board with the lights on it is broken i can't tell if it has the ylod or anything, there are no beeps though, it simply just sits there unresponsive.

I just tested my psu and got 5v on the 2 5v pins and when i shorted the 3v and the outer 5v pins i got 12v on the 12v hole, i did not however get any voltage on the 3v pin when i tested for voltage there. can anyone help me out with this? i don't know if it's the psu or a fried mb...

anyone?
    Best Answer - Posted by windrider42:

I think they are same, but just message the buyer to be sure its for cecha01

That is the power on/off eject board.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Dunno but my launch phat just toasted itself the other day too. Sorry man.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Even if the little spring thing for turning on the ps3 broke off, you still should be able to press down on it with your finger and turn it on. Mine broke off on a CECH G01 and I take cover off and turn it on that way, or you have more serious issues.

You can get a new power/eject board for cecha01 on ebay or similar for like $12
    Last edited by windrider42; 02-23-2013 at 05:14 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it was the whole connector, not the spring piece, so i don't have lights or anything to diagnose a rlod or ylod...

Remove the bluetooth/wifi board ribbon and place it again. You probably misplaced it a little bit that's why you cant turn it on with the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by sharred View Post
    Remove the bluetooth/wifi board ribbon and place it again. You probably misplaced it a little bit that's why you cant turn it on with the controller.
    i'll try that, thought about that but then never followed through with it lol. thanks for reminding me

Quote Originally Posted by sharred View Post
    That didn't seem to do any good.... would it be cheaper for a power button board or bt/wifi board?
    Last edited by sykoNsc; 02-28-2013 at 08:06 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes I think so as I said they are only about $12 on ebay

i found one on ebay that says something about support bracket 1-871-871-11... not sure if it's the same one i may need

Don't buy a new bt/wifi board because in order to work you have to power on the ps3. Just buy the power and eject button board.

I think they are same, but just message the buyer to be sure its for cecha01

That is the power on/off eject board.
    Last edited by windrider42; 03-01-2013 at 01:05 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News