Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Ps3 won't accept discs after laser replacement help?

Sponsored Links
    I recently bought a new laser for my broken ps3 slim. Before this happened it was accepting discs, it made a noise as if it was ejecting the disc and then it would just have the loading symbol in the top right hand corner.

I bought a new laser and deck and replaced it and now its not accepting discs, however when i press the eject button with or without a disc in the blue light turns on and it makes a low pitch click noise four times. Please help.
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

Sounds like you didn't connect the drive motor correctly to the loader. That noise is the spindle trying to spin up a disc. Check your assembly again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sounds like you didn't connect the drive motor correctly to the loader. That noise is the spindle trying to spin up a disc. Check your assembly again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just took it apart and reassembled it from scratch and i'm quite sure nothing was not connected properly. One thing i have noticed is that when the click noise sounds, the blu-ray lens flashes on every click.

Just went through a third time and realized i had the ribbon cable for the drive motor in incorrectly. Silly me thanks a lot.
    Last edited by lachyz; 05-25-2011 at 11:12 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News