Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Wireless connectivity

Sponsored Links
    Hi There,

I am often burdened with the task to set up a network prior to my being able to acces the PSN on PS3. Does anyone know of a way to get the PS3 to recognise a USB wireless modem plugged into its USB port?
    Best Answer - Posted by maxpwer222:

Wouldn't you need PS3 specific drivers for the wireless card either way?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No idea if possible though I too have also wondered this?

Probably a way through Linux but that not much help if you want to play games... Though who knows, that just my 2 cents.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, I own a Vodafone K3565-Z USB modem. It installs automatically on PC because the PC recognises the drivers and software and there you go. I had YDL on my PS3 before, but took it off as it seemed like high maintenance, but as you rightly said, there is little point in enabling it on another OS and then not be able to access PSN.

It seems to be something that has to be enabled from Sony's side, but as I have seen and read before, it takes a while for Sony to produce what consumers want. Hence posting this question to the clever guys on these forums who might have experimented with the same.

Something is wrong with your ps3s wireless?

Nope, nothing wrong with the wireless. I have to set up a LAN with crossover cables everytime I want to use the PS3 for online gaming or visiting PSN. I view this as a schlep!! If Sony enabled the USB ports to accept and use a wireless modem, there will be no need for a network setup in order to access online gaming or PSN or the web.

Wink

Wouldn't you need PS3 specific drivers for the wireless card either way?

Yes, I would need something for the PS3 to recognise that I have a USB modem plugged into one of it's ports. It looks like my problem is two fold then:

1. I need a driver or software.
    2. The XMB should possibly need to have some sort of setting to enable what I need to achieve - perhaps Sony does not want us to be very simplistic with connectivity to the web/PSN.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News