Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Wireless connection is crap help?

Sponsored Links
    Hey everyone.

I use my PS3 to keep the kids happy by streaming media to it from my laptop via PS3 Media Server.

When I manage to get a connection, the video is sometimes jerky or the sound is off-synch or it freezes then the connection drops out. When I try and copy media over the connection, it usually fails after about 10Mb. I've got the PS3 hooked up to my router through a patch cable and the laptop has a direct line-of-sight to the router 10 feet away.

I was wondering if anyone else has issues like this and are there any sneaky tricks to get a better connection?

Regards,
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3GAMER20111:

i never had any problems for media server through wireless. my modem is on another floor and ps3 on other. check the wire you are using or you can try wireless by resting your modems settings pairing it to pc and ps3 again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    With a cable never had a problem and I use a 15m cable so try another cable and make sure that no other device is slowing you connection. What do you use to steam? Make sure your PC can handle the load of the PS3 media center.
    Last edited by GotNoUsername; 09-24-2012 at 06:02 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i never had any problems for media server through wireless. my modem is on another floor and ps3 on other. check the wire you are using or you can try wireless by resting your modems settings pairing it to pc and ps3 again.

Cheers for the advice fellas.

I tried using TVersity this morning but that's even slower and drops out everytime. Now you mention it, I think it could be my laptop. It's a Sony Vaio VGN-NR11S, pretty cack by today's standards but I've always thought it can stand up to the jobs I throw at it. Looks like I'll have to wait until I've saved my pennies to buy my new desktop bits.

Thanks again.

Regards

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News