Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 web browser help?

Sponsored Links
    I need a little help... I have a music streaming account with Rhapsody. Recently, I was trying to use my PS3 to to log into my account, but the web browser would not allow me to log in.

I kept getting an error message like "CA certificate does not have root access on this system" or something like that. Is there a way to upgrade the browser or is there a better browser plugin that I could use to have a more functional internet experience with my PS3?

My Specs: 60GB Fat, launch US PS3; 3.55 Kmeaw CFW; Latest Multiman.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well that message specifically means that the certificate authority that Rhapsody has used to sign their SSL website is not recognized as a trusted authority by the PS3 browser. AFAIK there is no way to add root server certificates to the PS3, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure that another browser would help you unless it had it's own separate certificate store. I think MultiMan has a browser, but it might just be a punchout to the system browser. Sorry that I don't have a better answer.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News