Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Upgrade Opinions help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi all,

This isn't a "how to" upgrade question, but more of an opinion question. I'm currently on Rebug 3.55.4 w/QA flag enabled, and thinking it is time to upgrade to a newer Rebug firmware (which should be easy for me).

It's probably time I upgrade at this point, but I'm not sure what version would be best. I like Rebug and would like to stick with it. I have zero interest in trying to get online, so 4.46 isn't really a necessity just yet. I would like to play some semi recent games, and be able to use ReactPSN. It looks like 4.21 is pretty stable and has lots of support. Or would 4.30 be better? I want to make sure I can keep all my emulators running also. I heard there might be problems with MultiMan 4.46.01 (I'm at 4.20 still for MM) on Rebug 4.46 REX edition but don't know what.

What do people think? Is one better than other? Is there anything not known to work on the latest 4.46 CFW at this point, or is it pretty safe to take the plunge?
    Last edited by jarvis; 09-01-2013 at 01:08 PM
    Best Answer - Posted by StevenTj:

my mM works just fine, i'm on Rebug REX 4.46.1

If you are not in rush , Rogero 4.30 v2.05 is just awesome. But i think 4.46 is easier and just good for any game in future.

That's my opinion

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    my mM works just fine, i'm on Rebug REX 4.46.1

If you are not in rush , Rogero 4.30 v2.05 is just awesome. But i think 4.46 is easier and just good for any game in future.

That's my opinion

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks! I welcome more opinions, give your post count a workout!

Just go as above rogero 4.46 works like a charm don't do 4.46.1 somehow ppl have trouble with this one and just uninstall multiman and install fresh 4.46 as well not the newest one

I went to rebug 4.46 lite with the new MM. No problems. I'm converting all my old games. Ps1, 2 & psp. Most of them are working fine. The ones that don't are confirmed as not working but I tried them anyway. So to sum it up.... I'm happy on lite.

I think I'm going to go with rebug 4.30. It seems like 4.46 is a little too new and I don't really need it. One of the games I want to play is duck tales and although there is a 4.21+ patch it sounds like this game actually needs 4.30 to function properly. I bought that game on steam but found out after that my old gamepad didn't work (doesn't support direct input, only some new gamepad interface).

I'm not going to drop $30 on a new gamepad I only need for this game so I feel perfectly justified in playing it on my ps3 so I can enjoy my purchase. I'm picking a random response to mark as answered, but I appreciate all the answers!
    Last edited by jarvis; 09-01-2013 at 09:53 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News