Download the 3.55 Firmware from here: http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-3...ecurity-patch/
Remember to have the Folders correct. Once you have your flashdrive opened up on your computer, make a folder called PS3
. Within that folder make the folder and call it UPDATE
. but the firmware in there and make sure its called PS3UPDAT.PUP
Also try going to the Recovery Menu and installing the Firmware there.
1. Turn off PS3
2. Hold The power button down, and the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.