[Answered] PS3 Upgrade Failure help?
I am using the PS3 Break Dongle and am on 3.41 atm, and I want to upgrade to 3.55. I have downloaded the OFW, but when I try to do a system update from the console, it copies the firmware on the console, but when it tries to install, I get a Data is Corrupt error.
I don't know what am doing wrong, please guide me in installing the 3.55 OFW so that I can install KMEAW after that... thanks, a lot.
Download the 3.55 Firmware from here: http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-3...ecurity-patch/
Remember to have the Folders correct. Once you have your flashdrive opened up on your computer, make a folder called PS3
. Within that folder make the folder and call it UPDATE
. but the firmware in there and make sure its called PS3UPDAT.PUP
Also try going to the Recovery Menu and installing the Firmware there.
1. Turn off PS3
2. Hold The power button down, and the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.