Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Upgrade Failure help?

Sponsored Links
    I am using the PS3 Break Dongle and am on 3.41 atm, and I want to upgrade to 3.55. I have downloaded the OFW, but when I try to do a system update from the console, it copies the firmware on the console, but when it tries to install, I get a Data is Corrupt error.

I don't know what am doing wrong, please guide me in installing the 3.55 OFW so that I can install KMEAW after that... thanks, a lot.
    Best Answer - Posted by Chivafighter:

Download the 3.55 Firmware from here: http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-3...ecurity-patch/

Remember to have the Folders correct. Once you have your flashdrive opened up on your computer, make a folder called PS3. Within that folder make the folder and call it UPDATE. but the firmware in there and make sure its called PS3UPDAT.PUP.

Also try going to the Recovery Menu and installing the Firmware there.

1. Turn off PS3
    2. Hold The power button down, and the system will turn on and turn off once again.
    3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
    4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
    5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
    6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Download the 3.55 Firmware from here: http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-3...ecurity-patch/

Remember to have the Folders correct. Once you have your flashdrive opened up on your computer, make a folder called PS3. Within that folder make the folder and call it UPDATE. but the firmware in there and make sure its called PS3UPDAT.PUP.

Also try going to the Recovery Menu and installing the Firmware there.

1. Turn off PS3
    2. Hold The power button down, and the system will turn on and turn off once again.
    3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
    4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
    5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
    6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
    Last edited by Chivafighter; 02-24-2011 at 04:01 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks, Chiva... I will try the firmware and keep you posted... cheers!

Chiva, another question, sorry, which option in Recovery menu should I select?
    Last edited by kngviv; 02-24-2011 at 04:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You gotta choose the last option, which is System Update, and The ps3 will search for the update on your flashdrive and your good to go!

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News