Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [Answered] ps3 update via internal hdd help?

Sponsored Links
    i cant update my ps3with usb because its too slow so i get error. i can transfer file to ps3 throw ftp i want to ask: can i update by copy the update file to internal hdd and where do i have to put it?
    Best Answer - Posted by HeyManHRU:

Following up on what moja said, make sure all the folder names are in "CAPITALS". The first time I tried updating my PS3 from a USB flash drive it took me ages until I read that it all the folders had to be in capitals.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    why is usb to slow. what error are you getting? i've never heard of this before... more info please.. what are you on now and what do you wanna update to etc

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i used to this error its the same when i install pkg from my usb stick (its old and slow) so when it reach apoint copying the file it give an error .but when i install the same pkg from another usb flash (my friends usb flash) its ok and install the pkg so now i don't have only my this old usb and i have my lan ftp if you now the folder that "ps3 copy the update file then restart to install the update" so i put the update file there by my ftp. iam on ofw3.55 i want to update to cfw3.55 kmeaw.
    Last edited by nnnn44; 10-04-2011 at 12:07 PM

You can just burn the folder "ps3" containing the update folder and file to a dvd/cd and the console will check the Blu ray drive for the update file also.

i burned the update file on a blank dvd ps3\update folder but it didn't find it.
    Last edited by nnnn44; 10-04-2011 at 01:21 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You should just bite the bullet and buy a new usb stick. I'm not sure about other countries, but here a 1gb flash is very cheap now.

i now but if you are in front of your pc you search for quick way and gain some knowledge.

Did you try updating from the recovery menu or just the Update option in the XMB?

I think if you try the recovery option it will search for all media options including the DVD/CD.

it didn't work.

I've found some USB drives do not work while others do.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News