Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Update loop help?

Sponsored Links
    so i have 2 ps3's.. both are CECHK-01 80gb models. both have the DIA-002 mobo inside. both hard drives have been formatted on my PC like EVERYONE says to do if you have the endless loop problem. NEITHER of them are working. i CANNOT for the life of me get it to install the 4.31 firmware which is all it will let me put in. it says before i even start to use update data 4.31.

EVERYTIME i try it it ends in failure at around 45% sometimes 43 sometimes 47.. WHAT can i do here.. i am so lost. the PS3 DO NOT load to the XMB.. and im incapable of getting there.

it seems im stuck literally between a fully bricked console and a functioning one. both of which can be used. but my looping one doesnt do a damn thing except want an update and then ERROR..

OH and if it is any help. 9/10 times its error 8002f147.. i even bought an e3 flasher in hopes of solving this. but i cant get a good nor dump if i cant get to the damn XMB.. someone please help me. if i am not descriptive enough please just ask ill give any info i can.

THANK YOU in advance to everyone who gives me feedback
    Best Answer - Posted by DEUSC2D:

Read: (if you have updated the flasher or recently purchased one you will see three backups on the microSD card bkpps30.bin, bkpps31.bin & bkpps32.bin and the e3flasher text log file). I always used the samsung update I never ran into 3 dumps. Rename one of them to bkpps3.bin since that is the file name the E3 is looking for. Make sure SD pins are making contact.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey man sorry to hear your having trouble

Have you tried updating from the recovery menu?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    not really.. it still asks for a USb to be plugged in which will result in the same thing i've had.. idk maybe its worth a shot..

Are you ps3 have bt or wireless problem?? if you dont have that problem try change new hdd 2.5.. than install again

Some users had the same issue because thier BD reader was not correctly connected... if you can, test that it's firmly connected.

hmmm i'll try it.. but both machines fail at the same place, both have their own BT, their own BD, and their own HDD... i can't image all 6 components being bad to make them both fail at the same place

Have you try to "Rebuild Database" via recovery menu? Try that first, after that try update the data

the rebuild database doesn't work..

says "system storage cannot be accessed" but that's because the hard drive is formatted.. that's the only way i can get to the service menu is if i format it. other than that it asks me to update. if i do it gets stuck in the loop and the service menu can't be accessed.
    Last edited by BlackStallion; 01-18-2013 at 04:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

May I know what type your formatted HDD is (NTFS or FAT32?)

Try to do this, first backup your USB and format it to FAT32, copy ps3 update file only "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" and plug your USB on the most Right Slot (near HDD) in your PS3. If you still in 3.55 then I suggest use 3.55 OFW first to update it.

Then try to update it via Recovery Menu. Hope this help

hard drive is formatted to NTFS.. but requires format when you put into PS3 regardless. both USB's i have are in fat32. and im incapable of getting to 3.55 because the PS3 will ONLY recognize data on the stick that is 4.31. anything lower and it says like "no applicable data was found"

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News