Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Unresponsive: System update freeze

Sponsored Links
    Tonight I loaded a BD movie to watch. But the screen showed the need for an update. I tried everything I could to start the process but nothing worked. The PS3 was unresponsive to all remote commands. The PS3 would not even turn off by pressing the PS button on the unit.

I tried replacing batteries in the remote to no avail. I turned the PS3 off by using the switch on the rear of the unit. The only way to get the unit to turn on was to insert a DVD or use the touch switch on the unit. Each time I'd get the same screen with all the info and warnings about Linux as the other OS. Bottom line is I have a dead PS3.

Thanks for any help.

Solved my own problem. Here's how. With the PS3 DVD/TV remote not working I had to charge up the Game Controller. I left it on charging over night. When I got up early this AM the display on the screen had changed now offering me the option to discontinue the update. Again the DVD/TV remote didn't work. But, Voila! the Game Controller did. I selected "No" with the GC then "X" (Enter) and the PS3 returned to normal. After that the DVD/TV remote operated normally, too. My guess is that if the system freezes during the unsolicited updat, just leave it for a long enough time and you will be asked if you want to continue with the update or not. Then you can say "No" and get your PS3 back. Good luck!
    Last edited by Fachamatta; 08-05-2010 at 01:44 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

Quote Originally Posted by Fachamatta View Post
    Solved my own problem. Here's how. With the PS3 DVD/TV remote not working I had to charge up the Game Controller. I left it on charging over night. When I got up early this AM the display on the screen had changed now offering me the option to discontinue the update. Again the DVD/TV remote didn't work.

But, Voila! the Game Controller did. I selected "No" with the GC then "X" (Enter) and the PS3 returned to normal. After that the DVD/TV remote operated normally, too. My guess is that if the system freezes during the unsolicited updat, just leave it for a long enough time and you will be asked if you want to continue with the update or not. Then you can say "No" and get your PS3 back. Good luck!
    Thanks for updating your post with the solution Fachamatta... I will +Rep you for adding it here as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Fachamatta View Post
    Solved my own problem. Here's how. With the PS3 DVD/TV remote not working I had to charge up the Game Controller. I left it on charging over night. When I got up early this AM the display on the screen had changed now offering me the option to discontinue the update. Again the DVD/TV remote didn't work.

But, Voila! the Game Controller did. I selected "No" with the GC then "X" (Enter) and the PS3 returned to normal. After that the DVD/TV remote operated normally, too. My guess is that if the system freezes during the unsolicited updat, just leave it for a long enough time and you will be asked if you want to continue with the update or not. Then you can say "No" and get your PS3 back. Good luck!
    Thanks for updating your post with the solution Fachamatta... I will +Rep you for adding it here as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News