Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 turns off by itself help?

Sponsored Links
    Right, my kid was playing ps3 and then it just turns off on itself. Now when i turn it back on it just beeps and turn off straight away and red light keeps flashing. Can someone tell me whats going on and how to fix that issue? Thanks in advance.
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

It is ylod it must be a phat ps3 cause they are known for this. I would see if someone can reball or reflow it for you. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sounds like the console is overheating. I recommend putting in new thermal paste and extra heat absorbent pads inside the console.

OPTIONAL: An extra fan sitting underneath the console.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sounds to me like the yellow light of death. It's a very common issue with the fat PS3's. If you like DIY work you could easily fix it yourself just do a search on youtube for how to fix a ps3 yellow light of death that's what I had to do about 5 years ago and to this day I'm still fixing my consoles when it happens.

It's about an hour and half fix for me these days. If you don't like DIY just sell it on ebay. They go for around 40-70 bucks depending on what type of system you have and what you're including with it.

It's hardware failure, if dont have an experienced on hardware, i suggest you take your PS3 to local shop to repair it.

Same thing happened to me

Had the same thing happen to me, turns out it was the connector clip for the fan, broke off the MOBO

It is ylod it must be a phat ps3 cause they are known for this. I would see if someone can reball or reflow it for you. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News