Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [UnAnswered] ps3 turn on and off in 0.01 sec help?

Sponsored Links
    So, i have this ps3 (model cechl01) when i put power cord on the playstation shows the red light on the panel, when i press the button, he goes to green and stay like 0,01 sec on and then shut down completely, staying without any lights on. I buy another power supply on ebay thinking that was a power supply issue with bad fuses or anything like it, but after change the power supply for the new one, nothing changes... what this can be?? any hunch or helping will be very apreciate...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    does the LED turn completely off? when you push the button does it go green and super quick yellow and off?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yes and no, its not a ylod problem, he start red and stay minus than 0,05 sec in green then completely shut off the system.
    Last edited by DENEGRAO; 12-20-2010 at 11:47 AM

so the LED goes completely "black" well not lit?

if so it seems odd, havent heard of this problem, sounds like it panic shutdown to protect the system, have you checked the ground cable?and also tried switching power cord (cable) ?

Judging from the way you described your problem, it might be due to any of these things:

1. Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) and the symptoms were described by "Eikii" from previous thread. This means, your PS3 is suffering from overheating issues which caused either the GPU or CPU to heat up resulting for them to loosen up from their sockets. There are workarounds you can try which you can read more here:

a. Washer Fix Method

b. Reflow Method

Note: All these workarounds do not guarantee it will fix any of your issues and are at your own risk.

2. Problem with your PS3 internal power supply which you might want to have a certified or licensed electrician take a look.

3. Busted CPU/Mainboard

Good luck!

nope, this not a ylod problem, only b played 4-5 times before this happen and thres no signal of burned places in the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by EiKii View Post
    so the LED goes completely "black" well not lit?

if so it seems odd, havent heard of this problem, sounds like it panic shutdown to protect the system, have you checked the ground cable?and also tried switching power cord (cable) ?
    exactly, looks a "panic shutdown", and yes, already change the power cord and the ground cable is in the right place.
    Last edited by DENEGRAO; 12-20-2010 at 01:22 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You may want to check your fuses, blew a fuse on one of my old PS3 TEST mainboard's, and it did something quite similar, shut off right after I turned it on. Best way is to grab a DMM, set it to continuity mode, and start poking around (carefully, of course).

i got that problem with a broken contact at the GPU.

what fuse your was the problem? How you set the MM exactly and what fuses you test on the mainboard?

I think that's the right way to fix this ps3.

cya

It was the fuse very close to the Power / Eject buttons - tho, it could have been a million other things. Set my Multimeter to continuity mode- its the mode that test for continuity, the meter will beep when you press the two ends together, on my meter looks like "o)))" or so. It was fixed fine, once I realized the fuse was dead, ordered a new one, for like 20 cents.

Problem is, finding and testing every fuse, really need to break the PS3 down and give it a good once over - if your PS3 is an older one, it may help to get the leaked service manuals, as those identify every fuse, vs you having to do it !

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News