Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Turn On

Sponsored Links

Question [UnAnswered] PS3 Turn On

Sponsored Links
    Several times I have noticed that my PS3 has apparently turned itself on. Anyone else ever noticed this happening?

Before you ask - no apparent power fluctuations, no kids, no pets, no one else available to turn it on.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Never had this. Your ps3 can turn in with:

- PS button on dualshock
    - Bluetooh (remote, phone maybe)

And of course the power button.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I had this happen to me about 2 or 3 times and I bought mine when the console first came out. I have also heard of other people having this happen to them.

look closely the network indicator ... it should be solid green even if the consol is off wich indicates that remote power on is activated (WoL)

To add to the list of things that can turn on the ps3 : specially crafted ethernet frame ; Wake On Lan (WoL)

somewhere is the setting you can find this option and desactivate it. it should resolve your problem, if we can call it a problem. It's actrually a feature which let you turn on the ps3 with a psp (remote play) but under certaine circumstances (which ones s a mystery to me) it can be more of a nuisance than anything else.

regards,
    Kenshin

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin33 View Post
    look closely the network indicator ... it should be solid green even if the consol is off wich indicates that remote power on is activated (WoL)

To add to the list of things that can turn on the ps3 : specially crafted ethernet frame ; Wake On Lan (WoL)

somewhere is the setting you can find this option and desactivate it. it should resolve your problem, if we can call it a problem. It's actrually a feature which let you turn on the ps3 with a psp (remote play) but under certaine circumstances (which ones s a mystery to me) it can be more of a nuisance than anything else.
    Yes, I remember that option and I turned it off when I first setup the ps3 because I don't have a psp. I will check it again to make sure it is still that way.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberbob View Post
    Never had this. Your ps3 can turn in with:

- PS button on dualshock
    - Bluetooh (remote, phone maybe)

And of course the power button.
    Do you mean that if I turn on my bluetooth ear piece for my cell phone that it might turn on the ps3??
    Last edited by jconinc; 10-31-2008 at 12:57 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no a bluetooth headset shouldn't turn on your ps3. Since all bluetooth devices require pairing only paired devices "should" have the potential to turn on your ps3. Now if the ps3 is a discoverable bluetooth device where it keeps broadcasting its "ID" and a bluetooth device tries to connect to it then it might trigger it to wake up. I am not sure if the ps3 is in discovery mode when on standby.

Like I said my ps3 turned on a few times by itself and I only had my controllers paired to my ps3 and they were on my desk the whole night. And this was before the remote start option as well.

it happened a couple of times to me too, but i discovered the reason:

some hours earlier i played in multiplayer mode (2 controllers) with a guy living near my house (a neighbor of mine), when he went back his home his controller was still paired with my console and when he tried to switch his ps3 on, my ps3 began working!!!

after a couple of time i realized it

Quote Originally Posted by cojosvasato View Post
    it happened a couple of times to me too, but i discovered the reason:

some hours earlier i played in multiplayer mode (2 controllers) with a guy living near my house (a neighbor of mine), when he went back his home his controller was still paired with my console and when he tried to switch his ps3 on, my ps3 began working!!!

after a couple of time i realized it
    My closest neighbor is about 3/4 miles away

take it outside and shoot it, and get a new one lol

lol i thought this only happened to me

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News