Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi

The first step an update does is copying it to HDD and later it updates NOR and SYSCON , if you are luck it only did the first step. Take the HDD out and format it via PC and cross your fingers that you can go to Recovery Mode and install 3.55 again.

If it already updated too far --> No recovery mode and it will aske for 3.55+ and this means downgarding via flasher must be done. Sorry.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, I'll just have to get hold of a flasher. Will I lose any data after downgrading?

I'll never laugh again when someone mentions that a friend or family member updated their ps3
    Last edited by NTA; 06-27-2012 at 03:29 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As far as I know you won't lose data after downgrading, but maybe racer or someone else can verify.

You will loose all data after downgrade, if you have an extra ps3 and you update it you can transfer all your data to another ps3 and then downgrade your ps3 and then transfer data back. Is it a nor ps3 if so some of the flash is stored on the hard drive. If you live in the states I can take care of this for you. I have spare ps3s to transfer data. Thanks

thanks racer for answering question. i was curious myself if i would lose all data for downgrade. i take it that is for a flasher downgrade, but just wondering if it is same if use QA downgrade etc

just shows how careful you have to be with the precious jb console. lol

As far as I know the q and a method doesn't work on higher firmwares, cause the keys are needed for it. But it does allow you to install any Cfw on it once the ps3 is downgraded. So I am thinking that it is a flasher downgrade, correct me if I am wrong. I know technodon has talked about q and a before so he might be the one to help. Thanks

I'm not sure it's nor or not but all thing I know is that it's 120gb slim CECH - 2001A

I do live in the states though

I can take a look at it if you would like just let me know.

All slim ps3s are nor, try and upgrade and then I could transfer data to one of my ps3s and then downgrade yours. After the downgrade I could then transfer data back. Thanks and let me know.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I should update it to the latest firmware? It's on 3.66 atm

When do I need to send it?
    Last edited by NTA; 06-27-2012 at 09:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can send it whenever you want. I would just update it and i will see what I can do. However the standard downgrade service price does apply. Thanks and let me know.

I sent a pm back to you. Thanks
    Last edited by racer0018; 06-29-2012 at 11:10 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News