Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 System corrupted, don't want to format help?

Sponsored Links
    Was playing Ni no Kuni when the game freezed permanently. It happens. So I just turned the power off.

After a while I try to start PS3 again and it said that system is corrupted and needs to be restored (not just to check HDD). It do take a try to restore itself but failed at 41%. Now it says that HDD formatation is needed (System Drive), but I don't wanna format anything.

Is there another way? Maybe via recovery, to install CFW again? Or any other way? Please help me, there so much savedata!

PS3 Fat, 4.30 Rebug
    Last edited by ZerotakerZX; 02-22-2013 at 06:15 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by windrider42:

If you have another hdd, then place it in PS3, do the format and have your CFW ready on USB in case it needs to reinstall.

Once its up and running, shut down and try the original hdd again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Maybe it happened because the sector part hardisc broken, but if it does not happen hardisc, you can try using the recovery system, press and hold the eject button until you hear a beep 2x, you can update the CFW 4.31otheros + +. Pup, if still not can you try to do downgrade to CFW 425to355.pup, data on hardisc not be lost, then you can come back on again Rebug430.pup.

Insert the USB root = PS3 / UPDATE / PS3UPDAT.PUP

If the way that you still can not get the next step you will have to lose the data on your PS3 system, the total hardisc how to format your ps3 on a computer or laptop, thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ZerotakerZX there are a lot of Ni no Kuni fixes now that stop the game from freezing. If the PS3 is not going to the XBM it is to late, sorry. There is a option in the debug menu to turn that check off but to to this you need the xbm.

PS: Most likely the PS3 self format will not work to begin with you probably must format the HDD via PC.

If you have another hdd, then place it in PS3, do the format and have your CFW ready on USB in case it needs to reinstall.

Once its up and running, shut down and try the original hdd again.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News